Forum Discussion

3 hours ago

Cannot use help page to recover account

Was trying to recover my account because, woefully, EA let it slip into someone else's hands and didn't inform me that my account information had been changed. Apparently I got some details wrong on the verification and you have to make an entire new ticket to try again... 

So this is where the toxic UI on the "help page" is blocking me. Not only is it difficult to find the "chat with us" link in the first place, but when I get to the forum, I enter the information (name, email, platform) it goes to the next page to ask for some more info about contact information and what the issue is... except after the first time I submitted a help request, it stopped working. It just sends me back to the main "help" page. 

I'm using an alt account I have in order to post here.... and yeah I get this forum is specifically for forum feedback but it's literally impossible to pass on this complaint anywhere else. I'm appalled at the lack of security EA has regarding protecting player account information. I've had other accounts for years and they have never triggered a suspicious login warning or gotten hacked. All of my emails are still secure, so whatever happened, happened outside of my hands. I have zero faith in EA to hold any information safely, and requested Steam to refund my last purchase. It's a drop in the bucket of filth of this company, and I know you won't notice me missing.... so you can feel free to imagine the worst, most scathing opinions stewing in my head after this incident. I hate EA. 

No RepliesBe the first to reply