Forum Discussion

MonaSolstraale
Seasoned Veteran
2 months ago

The new EA Sims Forum

I am a member of the soon to be Sims Forum. I have also raised my concern in the Forum and will repeat it here.
Perhaps this debate has already started somewhere else, but forgive me for not seeing where. That is exactly the problem.
I think everything new requires getting used to and I will probably spend some time getting to know the new EA Forum. However, there is one thing that immediately catches my eye and surprises me.
How is it that almost everything is sorted by 'The most' such as Most Recent, Most Viewed, Most Replies, Most Likes. It is of course very nice for those who already have a lot of followers and likes, but for someone else it seems like a killer. On a forum like X, you're practically invisible and dead if you don't have a whole bunch of followers. I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen here.
As I said, it may be because I can't find my way around yet, but I need to voice my concern out loud and hopefully become wiser.
The best thing about the old Sims Forum is that it didn't try to look like a social media like any other social media where it's about scoring the highest rank and number of followers to get benefits. This applies in particular to the right to costume a personal avatar. I really hope the idea of ​​earning enough rank to get a personal avatar is rethought.
The existing Forum has been a sanctuary where you have been able to cultivate the special interest you have in the game with other Simmers regardless of their rank and general popularity. The entire structure of the forum has made it easy to navigate.
I don't know how to navigate the EA Forum when it focuses on highlighting the most popular lore at the moment.
This cultivation of elitism leaves me with a feeling of loneliness. For me it's a killer because I don't want to be in a Forum where I have to be confirmed daily that I'm invisible and therefore unimportant.

41 Replies