Forum Discussion

jlnhl2001
New Novice
7 hours ago

New Zealand Trick

So, in the past, you were able to change the time and location to New Zealand so that you could play the game earlier than EA expects.

However, I tried it when it was 9 AM there, and still got booted out on the basis that I was too early. Will I have to wait until it's noon there (aka 5 PM Pacific), or did EA ensure that the trick no longer works?

• From the start time post, it seems that early access begins at the exact same time for everyone. It doesn't matter what time zone you are in. It is one start time, so being in a different zone won't impact when you can access. 

EA_Aljo
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

That was addressed for FC 25. The NZ trick no longer works. While I can't confirm it, I wouldn't be surprised if all our games had that going forward. In the case of NHL though, a admiral745 pointed out, the game goes live everywhere at the same time, regardless of region.

admiral745
    Seasoned Scout

From the start time post, it seems that early access begins at the exact same time for everyone. It doesn't matter what time zone you are in. It is one start time, so being in a different zone won't impact when you can access.