Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Another Plea for Zetas

I know this will illicit the usual "Zetas are fine, it's a resource management game" response from some, but I just wanted to reiterate how badly we need zeta mats right now.

I appreciate the zeta challenge fix, but (if RNG is to be trusted) it's not a net gain or loss over time.

We're looking like we need a fully zeta'd Grievous team, we need Nute zeta'd, Brood Alpha double zeta'd, probably Dooku zeta'd as well.

Supply only needs a slight boost, not a huge one, but it would be hugely appreciated.
  • "John_Matrix1985;c-1901190" wrote:
    They should just sell them for 99.99 each. People will buy them

More like download them
  • "Kokie;c-1901281" wrote:
    Zeta shipments just aren't fun anymore without the thrill of the chance....I just skip them now.....

Skipping the zeta challenge might rank in the top 3 dumbest things I’ve ever heard about this game.
  • "KausDebonair;c-1901938" wrote:
    "Kokie;c-1901281" wrote:
    Zeta shipments just aren't fun anymore without the thrill of the chance....I just skip them now.....

Skipping the zeta challenge might rank in the top 3 dumbest things I’ve ever heard about this game.

Where does missing the joke rank?
  • Without reading all replies has anyone mentioned the need for omegas over zetas?
  • "TVF;c-1901950" wrote:
    "KausDebonair;c-1901938" wrote:
    "Kokie;c-1901281" wrote:

Alright, that’s fair. Got me.
  • "Chucko_marek;c-1901264" wrote:
    "Waqui;c-1901250" wrote:
    "Palanthian;d-207778" wrote:
    I know this will illicit the usual "Zetas are fine, it's a resource management game" response from some, but I just wanted to reiterate how badly we need zeta mats right now.

I appreciate the zeta challenge fix, but (if RNG is to be trusted) it's not a net gain or loss over time.

Wrong. The drop rate was slightly above 50% before the change. Now it's fixed at 100%. That's a guaranteed additional 3 zeta materials every week (on average) => a net gain.

Zetas are fine, it's a resource management game (and your argument is flawed).

I wish I had your drop rates. I've gone weeks without getting a single zeta. So I think that part of your argument is wrong.

I'm sure you've had long streaks of more zetas. Over 300 tracked attempts yielded a drop rate of slightly higher than 50%. If you didn't do any tracking yourself, then belief is all you have.
  • "Chucko_marek;c-1901295" wrote:
    "TVF;c-1901269" wrote:
    "Chucko_marek;c-1901264" wrote:
    "Waqui;c-1901250" wrote:

Wrong. The drop rate was slightly above 50% before the change. Now it's fixed at 100%. That's a guaranteed additional 3 zeta materials every week (on average) => a net gain.

I wish I had your drop rates. I've gone weeks without getting a single zeta. So I think that part of your argument is wrong.

Your personal small sample size is irrelevant in assessment of the argument.

I read the forums too, there are more people with this "problem" than just me.
    But whatever, either way it doesn't add or detract from the enjoyment of the game. I really couldn't care less.

None of the posters with 'these problems' posted any hard evidence or did some real tracking of drop rates.
  • "TVF;c-1901950" wrote:
    "KausDebonair;c-1901938" wrote:
    "Kokie;c-1901281" wrote:

Depends on the RNG.
  • "Shadroth;c-1901952" wrote:
    Without reading all replies has anyone mentioned the need for omegas over zetas?

Read the rest of the forums. And manage your resources.
  • "Waqui;c-1902039" wrote:
    "Chucko_marek;c-1901264" wrote:
    "Waqui;c-1901250" wrote:

I'm sure you've had long streaks of more zetas. Over 300 tracked attempts yielded a drop rate of slightly higher than 50%. If you didn't do any tracking yourself, then belief is all you have.

Here's the thing, if the rate was slightly over 50%, or the 1.05 per mentioned above, in the grand scheme, it doesn't change much, but, it does balance it out and removes the asinine RNG. If I had to guess, i'm probably right in the middle of maybe 1 per. Lately it doesn't seem that way, but whatever. In my entire history i've gotten a few 3's, i got 4 ONCE in 18 months, 2's were in decent number, lot of 1's, and a lot of zeroes. Probably not much different than anyone else. Recently i went on a spell of like 1 total in 3 weeks. That blows. Sure it likely balances it out, but that stretch blows and it would blow for everyone. Switching it to a guaranteed 1 every time is an overall benefit as RNG goes bye-bye and no one gets screwed over by RNG for stretches of time.

To those who made out on RNG more often than not, oh well. No one's going to lose sleep over it. RNG is a great idea in theory, but it seems there are always those who wind up on the positive side and those the negative side. I see people with loads of 20+ speed mods. In 18 months, my RNG has seen fit to grace me with a whopping 2 or 3. Just proof that some make out and others don't.

So, even if this is a net no-gain of a move overall, it will benefit more people than it hurts. Does it alleviate any crunch? Not in the long run. The crunch becomes much worse when they continually add legendaries that require zeta's while not giving you any more access to said zetas. That isn't a complaint, just a statement of fact. I think they've added too many legendaries in the last year, but that's me.