Forum Discussion

ImmortalAzazel
Seasoned Traveler
2 months ago

Fixing GAC - Getting Rid of 3v3?

Hey, 

Wanted to start a discussion, cause it seems like a point widely brought up. 

3v3 is a loathed game mode. Compared to 5v5 GAC, most players seem to dislike it - particularly the frequency of it, and how it always comes right after a new Datacron set is launched. Clearly, it's catered to whales and HotUtils users - but as a K1 player and HotUtils user myself I find that even I'm frustrated by how frequently it occurs and how there's never any data on what teams to use for the first few weeks of it. By the time you know what to do, 3v3 is already over. 

So how would you fix GAC / 3v3? My proposal would be simple - all GAC events should be 5v5. Then, twice or maybe 3 times a year in one of those 'lul' weeks where there's no TW and no conquest, a special, one-off 3v3 tournament  is held with, perhaps, a special portrait or title up for grabs (in addition to the usual token rewards). By scaling back how frequently it occurs - and by having this event perhaps be in the final week of a datacron lifecycle - players would perhaps be more engaged; and similarly, players would have more datapoints and practice playing 5v5.

What do you think? Do you even like 3v3, is there even room for it in the game (aside from a handful of afterthough omicrons, like the near-useless Tusken Chieftan or Murderbots)?