Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Game Center being logged out [MERGE]

I have been logged of game center while playing the game four different time now in the past 10 minutes. Will log back in will be okay till something updates then will boot me out again. WiFi is running at 240 mbs per second so it’s not a low connection issue. Anyone else dealing with a lot of this as well?
  • "sigsig;c-2377352" wrote:
    That issue is related to having bad wifi/cellular service. The devs commented on it in late June
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/257128/known-issue-game-center#latest

There are an awful lot of these posts in the past 24-48hrs. Something changed. I’m on a rock solid wifi connection and received the change user notification 6 times in the past 24hrs. Something changed, either on apples side or CGs to cause the incidence rate to go way up. There are too many of these posts for it to be merely coincidence.

The only thing I can think of, is that I’m on a mesh wifi network, so wonder if, when it switches from one node to another, it causes the issue? But nothing has changed in my setup and have never gotten the notification before ?

• "Failed_Smile;c-2377343" wrote:
    Same thing has happened to me a bunch the last 24 hours. Including in the middle of my Raid solo this morning. Very annoying. It's like the connection to Game Center keeps dropping and it kills your current access.

That’s what I’ve found too
    sigsig3131
    Seasoned Novice
    I'm on a mesh network wifi and I don't have the issue unless I go outside (my video calls are also bad out there). Do you find it happens in specific locations in your house?
  • Nope just happened randomly today since logging in the last time around 4pm cst I haven't been logged out again. Others in my guild said they were experiencing the same thing last night but haven't had issues since. Don't know if something in the background of the game is triggering it but I was in my office space all day and only had issues for a short amount of that time.
  • I haven’t downloaded iOS 15.6 yet and haven’t had any trouble. This probably doesn’t help anyone, but it may be relevant to someone who knows about tech ?‍♂️
  • It is not just poor internet connection. It’s when turning on Airplane Mode too. Obviously that scuffs your internet connection. That’s actually the point.

The app used to handle it more gracefully, allowing you to battle to Victory, at which point you turn off Airplane Mode and let it register your win, or Defeat, where you then Force Close so you don’t preload TM. Now Airplane Mode is often instant Defeat with Preloading, as Game Center borks immediately.