Forum Discussion

JiggyJoe619
Seasoned Newcomer
2 days ago

Recently banned

Hello I just tried to open my account 2 days ago and noticed I was banned for repeat offenses. I thought maybe it was for my username but I’ve never got a warning otherwise I would have changed it no problem, I’d like to know if there is anything I can do to  get my account back since I’ve put work and money into my account.  Any help is appreciated and hope to hear from you soon.

ally code is 186-895-229

my swgoh gg is https://swgoh.gg/p/186895229/

thanks in advance 

• Probably is bc of your name;someone probably just finally reported it.

Also, what'd you think would happen with a name like that?

JiggyJoe619
      Seasoned Newcomer

At the same time a warning should be sent first, also changing it should be an acceptable outcome. As a POC I didn’t think it would be that big a issue but I get there point but repeat offense implies they sent out warnings first which I don’t recall them doing 

• Did you by chance fight a team containing C3PO and other non combatents in arena? From what I hear attacking that team is a bannable offense. (I wouldn't have known this if not for reddit. Putting up this team in this first place should be the bannable offense instead.)

EnkiSchmidt
        Hero

Not as long as people keep repeating the rumor without other people visibly calling them out about it. I've only ever seen it played straight, so thanks for pointing this out. (Although you could have also have written "This is just a rumor.")

Alaafelf
    Rising Rookie

I can't find anything strange on your account, I wouldn't know why your username would be offensive (however I am not native english).

crzydroid
      New Scout

The name rhymes with a word that can sometimes be taken as a racial slur.

rayloc420
      Rising Rookie

The name is not offensive.  some people just want it to be so they can feel special reporting it.  I mean, most people's arms, legs, knees, shoulders, fingers and toes grow. 

ZanirN7S
        Rising Rookie

Choosing a name that rhymes with a slur is just asking for a banhammer. "Look at me, I'm so clever, such a cheeky boy am I". It's like calling someone a kant and then pretending you really did mean Immanuel Kant and weren't just trying to insult while sidestepping an automod when it's plain as day what the intent was.