Forum Discussion

6 years ago

The scary trend of the game

Since the promise of more legendary character events, I've gotten excited, but Chewie had me spent 4 hours of countless retries on tier 7, which was baffling because my BH were each G11 with a zeta bossk lead. Yeah, G11 squad with the best BH lead and I spent hours beating the event with the proper kill order every time I went in to fail. That morning was infuriating for me, and I spent those 4 hours swearing every imaginable nasty thing to whoever designed the event. I even considered making a thread, but eventually I beat the event. Now 3P0 comes along. I have zeta G9 chirpa (thanks for making me waste a zeta guys), G11 wicket elder teebo, G9 scout. No Paploo or Logray sadly, but attempt 32 and the closest I've gotten was nearly knocking down chewie with only 3 ewoks even alive, so to say my heart was beating even though I wasn't winning anything. Next up is Wicket zeta, (yeah thanks for making me waste another, my JTR squad is still waiting). I'm furiously farming Paploo, 64/85, so we all know he's not hitting 7 star in 4 days without money. But this all leads to the center of my argument. The requirements are getting out of hand. CG, you honestly need to shut down the events and rename the requirements to G11 and up, have the toon that every single person here knows you intentionally centered the event around (cough cough logray for daze), and meet a zeta minimum. I mean do you take us for fools? There are SIX enemies this time all gold and all with ambiguous speeds going not only first but assists everywhere I can't even keep track. My elder is 241 speed and with his 70% turn meter per turn, he's still slow compared to these rebels. I remember the day when I was raging about trying to beat Palpatine's event with G8, now I can barely beat these events with zetas and G10+, something I know will only continue to get worse. This game is truly a wonderful game, it's concept and design is unrivaled, CG does phenomenal with the core of the game, but every one can tell EA is milking this game to an extreme, and it just keeps making me want to quit so much. I've never experienced anger like I have with this game. I've thrown my phone at the wall and shattered it before, my face gets so red from yelling to the point I get a headache afterwards, and my blood pressure gets so high it's actually dangerous, and this stems from being a competitive free to play player. As a free to play player, trying to compete in the high end results is so much anger, and that's not due to my play style. Every time these new events pop up, I spend so much energy to complete it just because I need to keep up. for 3m gp, I have a very spread out roster, and I blow through hard node farms, as right now 7 more shards for Hound and that's 7 star, but why should I keep going? This game just needs one thing and that's money, so I essentially have zero value to the game, and as such I'll be treated that way. CG, I just really wish the game wasn't so hostile to competitive free to play. Any one can be a free to play person, but this game is built on competing with other people, and the only way to do good in this game is pay money. There are some people out here that are brilliant with how they play without spending, and that is truly impressive, but I'm can barely keep my head above the water with all the farms being thrown our way. The only thing keeping me from quitting is the built up addiction, and when I've tried to quit before, I came back because noon comes and I reach for the game that's uninstalled and think oh yeah. I managed to quit an actual illegal drug way easier than this game, and that's a problem. Because this problem is only getting worse, the next step is to figure out how to delete my my google account. I've been pushed past what I can handle in tolerance, and this has gone for years. It's time to call it a day, because I have zero value to the game as a player without giving my wallet, and one way or another I refuse to give money to the game. I would give my money to charity, to real struggling causes long before I do to this game. SWGOH was fantastic, but over time it just get's ruined, and if you're a new player, I advise you to quit now if you plan on being free to play and competitive. I will never recommend this game to anyone, and I truly honestly hope these words make a difference if devs read this. I know I'm not the only one who starts being sick of the way the system works. You would think that with data would state a clear point on how many free to play 4m gp accounts there are vs how many pay to play 4m gp accounts there are. Let's be honest. If you're 4m, there is a very high chance that you've spent a fair amount of money. Anyways that's it from me.

TL;DR: Events are only getting more expensive inducing, this game has no place for competitive f2p, this 3P0 event is bananas in vigor, and that's only going to get worse, CG is amazing but EA is messing everything up. Also I'm gonna delete my google account or something because this game gave me a bad case of anger management.