Forum Discussion

6 years ago

We need the "Bad Batch"

They would make a great addition to the clone army in the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHPdcRRJaOc

Nuff said.

• "Jarvind;c-1904577" wrote:
    I admittedly didn't get all the way through Clone Wars, but I have a hard time understanding how people get so attached to specific clones when the only one that really seems important in the show is Rex.

Do they become more distinct in the later seasons or something? I think I got partway through season 3 before I got bored.

We see Cody and Oddball(Davijaan) in Clone Wars and Revenge of the Sith, as well as some of the other Clone commanders.

Yes, as the seasons go on, you see more of the clones, their training and the differences really show in their personalities and behaviors. No they are not all Jango, 50 are trained by Jango. The Arcs are trained by Mandalorian’s and adopt their customs and ways, which is why you see kamas and Rex’s eyes on the helmet as well as other Mando’a identifiers.

These are the clones we see in the show. The video games followed Gregor and his clone squad. Even reading some of the books gave the clones markers to make them different, but really wanting to fit in to something.

The Final Season really delved into the Clones and addressed who they were and showed there were flaws in the genetic code. Bad batch has fat, skinny, tall, short, an addict, clones with major issues, but who are immensely trained and deadly fighters.
    I admittedly didn't get all the way through Clone Wars, but I have a hard time understanding how people get so attached to specific clones when the only one that really seems important in the show is Rex.

Do they become more distinct in the later seasons or something? I think I got partway through season 3 before I got bored.

Some more than others, but as you go along, there's a lot of development given to the plight of the clones, and a lot of specific clones who get fleshed out, yes. It's less that they get more development on a continuous basis and more we get clone arcs that focus on a small set or specific clones get some defining moments.

For example, we get an arc about Domino Squad's training. Echo, Cutup, Fives, Droidbait, and Hevy. Which got people invested in those specific clones, some of whom got messy ends in other arcs. Clone Wars was not in chronological order, and I want to say that the Domino Squad arc aired after Hevy had died in a previous arc as just some pretty generic clone, which put that moment in a different light.
  • Fives is immensely important to the series. There's a reason he also has a ship in the arena despite not being a pilot. It's a big part of a story arc and important to the overall for the clones. And without spoilers, his last arc is huge. It's probably going to have bearing on the new season coming out and Rex in that season.

Rex is the most shown Clone Trooper on the show followed by Cody.

However, as others have stated, delving into the show makes almost anyone love the Clone troopers. Probably the most hated one would be Fox
  • "PeachesKenobi;c-1905606" wrote:
    Fives is immensely important to the series. There's a reason he also has a ship in the arena despite not being a pilot. It's a big part of a story arc and important to the overall for the clones. And without spoilers, his last arc is huge. It's probably going to have bearing on the new season coming out and Rex in that season.

Well Rex has a custom ARC 170, so Fives would definitely have his Umbaran fighter since he actually piloted that ship
    tward930
    New Spectator
    "Darthvestor_80;c-1908879" wrote:
    So get a box of crayons the 128 pack and get busy with your Halo wars. Let me guess your power rangers will all have a blaster and or grenades... Yeah great addition to non activated characters. Rose needs company.

Crayola has 120 colors? Are the other 8 duplicates?
  • "Monel;c-1908899" wrote:
    So get a box of crayons the 128 pack and get busy with your Halo wars. Let me guess your power rangers will all have a blaster and or grenades... Yeah great addition to non activated characters. Rose needs company.

Not duplicates....clones.
    tward930
    New Spectator
    "CCyrilS;c-1908903" wrote:
    "Monel;c-1908899" wrote:

Not duplicates....clones.

Very true, and they probably were a bad batch at that.