Forum Discussion

5 years ago

F2P player needing in-depth early game advice on roster development

I've been playing SWGoH for about slightly over a month and I'm currently level 56. Apart from buying the dark side starter bundle I intend to stay f2p for the foreseeable future.

My roster currently looks like this:

As can be seen above my main teams currently consist of Phoenix Squad minus Sabine and a partial Empire group with Count Dooku thrown into the mix. With the above teams I'm able to place around #2000 in Squad Arena and also complete Galactic Wars a few times.

So moving forward, what should my priorities be?

Roughly speaking, I know I should keep developing the Phoenix team to eventually tackle the Emperor Palpatine and Thrawn events.

While I don't really care about arena rankings that much, I do want to be able to finish Galactic Wars consistently every day, principally for the credits gain. Certain strategy guides written in 2017 state that the overall difficulty of GW is based on the combined GP of the top 5 characters in one's roster. Consequently it's advisable to not overcommit to one's main team and diversify into multiple teams in order to beat GW handily. Is it still true? Based on my experience so far, using my backup Empire team to soften up the starting nodes of GW before committing my main Phoenix team has certainly helped me finish GW a bit more easily.

Pertaining to the same issue of making credits, certain guides also recommend one to assemble a viable Scoundrel team to tackle the credit heist event, starting with the acquisition of Lando and Stormtrooper Han. I don't have either of those two characters, is it still worthwhile to get them now?

On another note, I've also unlocked Mace Windu recently. Seeing that I already have two competitive Jedi characters from Phoenix Squad, should I also start working on a Jedi team on the side? I understand they are needed for the GMY event. If so, which Jedi should I acquire next?

Lastly, I'm aware that I'll unlock fleet battle soon. At the moment, I've zero clue as to how to succeed in that area. What could I do to prepare for that? Some suggestions on beginner fleet composition would be nice.