Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Help a sith brother out.

Hey guys. Starting out i have to say i dont have palp because i despise phoenix squad. Started with sidius lead then nihilus howering in top 500 arena and now i spent my first two zetas on vaders leadership and sidius. I got rank 199 today and hit a brick wall of bastille palp and bounty hunters. Bh were always a problem for me. Palp is a coinflip matchup depends if my team gets stunned or not. Bastille lead ridiclusly hard counters me with tenacity buffs. So what do i do now? Was thinking of farming sassasin and strooper to replace nihilus and dokuu. Or do izeta nihilus and farm sion? My guild just started doing hrancor so traya is way off i can get palp faster. Also speed is a huge problem for me do i replace my mods? Any help from a fellow sith be appriciated. 2 zetas took me around 6 months, do i save up or maybe spend on dokuu or maul?
https://swgoh.gg/p/285598351/
Also im set on farming revan next year, so 75% of my daily energy goes to that.
  • "Uzsibox;c-1745390" wrote:
    "VonZant;c-1744376" wrote:
    Arena is about speed. If you don't have EP snd don't plan to get him ZMaul + A really fast Sith Assasin will help a lot. Maul is a great leader and the only reason he fell out of favor is because R2. Sith Assassin works really well with maul lead. I don't run them in arena but my g8 ZMaul team with a 240 speed Assassin works really well in taking out g10-g12 teams in GA. Just avoid R2. Also Dooku + 3* fallen Bastilla and Assassin all have shock...

My team is Maul Sid Assasin Trooper and Nasty Basty. Replace Sid with Nihilus and Trooper with Sion and You should do OK. Just avoid R2. Jango might be a problem for this team but not sure. No BH on older stars usually.

I know there is a guy with a ludicrous speed Sith Assassin that never stopped using zMaul, so it can be done.

I have zetad vader is maul a better lead even without zeta? My next zeta should be coming in 3 months so do I gear maul and switch lead even without zeta?

No not at all. A zVader lead isn't the worst. I've actually used it to beat Revan teams but maul definitely needs a zeta to be a better leader. I've been running sith constantly and have tried everyone with many different comps. Here's my opinion on best sith leads

1)Traya - PvP
    2)EP - PvP
    3)Maul - PvP/GA/TW
    4)Vader - Raids/PvP
    5)Savage - GA/TW
    6)Nihulus - PvP/GA/TW
    7)Dooku
    8)Sideous
  • "Crazygone510;c-1745886" wrote:
    "Uzsibox;c-1745390" wrote:
    "VonZant;c-1744376" wrote:
    Arena is about speed. If you don't have EP snd don't plan to get him ZMaul + A really fast Sith Assasin will help a lot. Maul is a great leader and the only reason he fell out of favor is because R2. Sith Assassin works really well with maul lead. I don't run them in arena but my g8 ZMaul team with a 240 speed Assassin works really well in taking out g10-g12 teams in GA. Just avoid R2. Also Dooku + 3* fallen Bastilla and Assassin all have shock...

My team is Maul Sid Assasin Trooper and Nasty Basty. Replace Sid with Nihilus and Trooper with Sion and You should do OK. Just avoid R2. Jango might be a problem for this team but not sure. No BH on older stars usually.

I know there is a guy with a ludicrous speed Sith Assassin that never stopped using zMaul, so it can be done.

I have zetad vader is maul a better lead even without zeta? My next zeta should be coming in 3 months so do I gear maul and switch lead even without zeta?

No not at all. A zVader lead isn't the worst. I've actually used it to beat Revan teams but maul definitely needs a zeta to be a better leader. I've been running sith constantly and have tried everyone with many different comps. Here's my opinion on best sith leads

1)Traya - PvP
    2)EP - PvP
    3)Maul - PvP/GA/TW
    4)Vader - Raids/PvP
    5)Savage - GA/TW
    6)Nihulus - PvP/GA/TW
    7)Dooku
    8)Sideous

Do I just stack tenacity mods vs EP? My shard is dominated by Ep and bastille currently, Im even thinking about gearing farmboy for it.
  • "Nihion;c-1746804" wrote:
    "HK666;c-1743932" wrote:
    Dooku and Sid are hardly, if ever, arena viable.

DN lead isn't good either, but it's probably better Sid lead.

Traya is out of your reach, making Palp the next best lead. If you wanna stick with Sith, reach for him.

Do not zeta dooku/maul.

Farm Sion and SiT when you can. Use one zeta on Sion, the next on Palp lead.

I’m assuming, if he got to 199 with Sid, that he’s in a youngster server, so in my opinion, with no Traya, go Nihilus. He never failed me in 2 years of hard work.

Idk but gmy 10k gp below me regually two shots my heroes, including nihilus with fallen basty support. I never get annihialate off. Even tried maul lead the dodge chance is not enough (sidious has an obscene 50%+ dodge in that comp) you still get oneshot by ?ataru i think.
    So after long consideration and looking at my roster Im switching to NS till revan comes around.