Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Sith

Hi all,

So- it seems likely that February will be a month of all things Sith. Seems for the time I've been playing they've not got a lot of love. From my impressions - they seem sturdy but not really that good at high-level Arena and most certainly not meta.

So, your thoughts, if you will - do you use Sith? Do you rate them? Where particualrly in the game do you use them? If you're not a fan then why not?

Probably on a very basic level - who do we think are the most useful Sith characters and who do we think are the least?

Looking foward to reading everyone's answers!

• @dryff why is that? Take Zaul and Zavage against a whole team at the same level and they’ll probably win. Take Sass and Sith trooper against a team and they’ll die pretty fast.

I agree they’re useful characters but I put in factors that include farming them. The pain in the rear to farm them was not worth it at all, IMHO. I think all the sith are viable. Unlike other factions every sith is useful. Let’s compare to rebels, does anyone even close to the top of the arena use lobot, pao, or bodhi? But I’ve thrown in sith assasin a couple times and still do good. With sith trooper he benefits some leads but there are far better tanks out there. Just use shoretrooper, he heals and taunts.
  • "Dryff;c-1445138" wrote:
    @CoastalJames I still run zNihilus lead in arena (link in sig). I can beat any team on offense, especially teams that waste spots on GK, Zarriss, or Rex (which many still do). The problem isn't offense, it's defense. I drop 60-80 spots each day, even in the 100s.

Interesting- thanks mate.

• "Ben774;c-1445219" wrote:
    @dryff why is that? Take Zaul and Zavage against a whole team at the same level and they’ll probably win. Take Sass and Sith trooper against a team and they’ll die pretty fast.

I agree they’re useful characters but I put in factors that include farming them. The pain in the rear to farm them was not worth it at all, IMHO. I think all the sith are viable. Unlike other factions every sith is useful. Let’s compare to rebels, does anyone even close to the top of the arena use lobot, pao, or bodhi? But I’ve thrown in sith assasin a couple times and still do good. With sith trooper he benefits some leads but there are far better tanks out there. Just use shoretrooper, he heals and taunts.

@Ben774 The Sith Assassin is extremely fast. Under a Zaul lead, the Sith Assassin WILL go first, allowing her to boost the TM on the rest of your team, meaning your entire squad will go before theirs. In PvP, any Sith team uses Sith Assassin.

Sith Trooper is, as you said, good under some leads. I might be biased because the Sith Trooper is insane under Nihilus lead. With his Taunt and Retribution he heals faster than he takes damage and hits through protection. As long as you can control CLS and/or Thrawn and keep his taunt up, you can win any PvP battle with all characters at full health.

Zavage was my first zeta, but in PvP suffers from the same thing that Zylo does...in top-end arena CLS, Thrawn, and JTR shut him down (as you said). Sure, he can survive a lot, but he adds nothing on offense (except being able to get a cheap Overpower on a low health target, another reason to use Sith Trooper and Sith Assassin). Zavage can solo HAAT P1 or P3 however, so if that is a factor, by all means...

Zaul was killed by R2 unfortunately. However, Maul (lead or not) is an easy button against Nightsisters (thanks Zombie!). Still situationally good for things like TW, but outclassed by Palp lead and Nihilus lead for DSTB, and doesn't compete in arena anymore.
  • Well if anyone saw any of the game changers videos today it looks like the sith finally get the boost they need to compete with the top again!
  • I've been using sith this whole time and when I actually do all my combats, I can stay top 20. Sometimes even hit #1.

Granted I don't use full sith team, DN lead with super fast SA a ST nodded for defense/protection. Pair them with thrawn and GK and they work pretty well.
  • "Hekalatos;c-1450070" wrote:
    I've been using sith this whole time and when I actually do all my combats, I can stay top 20. Sometimes even hit #1.

Granted I don't use full sith team, DN lead with super fast SA a ST nodded for defense/protection. Pair them with thrawn and GK and they work pretty well.

I just got GK geared to 11 and run this exact squad. I literally can't lose on offense.

On defense, this squad must be terrible, because I'm dropping even worse than before. :o
  • That’s the reason I don’t run DN lead anymore. Defense isn’t that great. In my arena Zaul teams hold much better.
  • "Dryff;c-1450229" wrote:
    "Hekalatos;c-1450070" wrote:
    I've been using sith this whole time and when I actually do all my combats, I can stay top 20. Sometimes even hit #1.

I just got GK geared to 11 and run this exact squad. I literally can't lose on offense.

On defense, this squad must be terrible, because I'm dropping even worse than before. :o

Defense is rough for sure. ALl my guys were maxed g12 except DN and still couldn't hold rank
  • "CoastalJames;d-156730" wrote:
    Hi all,

So- it seems likely that February will be a month of all things Sith. Seems for the time I've been playing they've not got a lot of love. From my impressions - they seem sturdy but not really that good at high-level Arena and most certainly not meta.

So, your thoughts, if you will - do you use Sith? Do you rate them? Where particualrly in the game do you use them? If you're not a fan then why not?

Probably on a very basic level - who do we think are the most useful Sith characters and who do we think are the least?

Looking foward to reading everyone's answers!

I use sith in places of power, probably in ds tb too but they arent as great as empire as of now
    I'm a sith fan but not in game sith fan
    they are all basically lame in game
    rate: 65/100
    most useful all around: nihilus

useful in some hybrid lineup: vader palpatine sith assassin

useful in only sith lineups: zeta maul, zsavage, trooper

least: dooku sidious