Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Smithie D! Help?

I really like your vids and value your opinion. Was waiting for another live feed to ask but today I'm at a crossroads. I run empire in arena. Zader,ep,rg,tfp,and Zylo. I can get to lower 60s. That's it. Usually stay under 90. So I wanna try a whole new team as I have most of the building blocks.(f2p btw).
Zqgj, gk, jka, Yoda 1z, and r2 2z. My question is should I switch? Can I get to top 20 with the Jedi team? Should I use the zetas?

Zetas:69
Omegas:87
Cuffs:3 sets, 1 tag
Guns:2
Carb:543
Pleanty of the other stuff.

I'd really appreciate your input if you have time or see this.
  • "Rapid;c-1139681" wrote:
    "BigFish58;c-1139668" wrote:
    "Rapid;c-1139664" wrote:
    Another smithie fan here :-)

OP - yes it's a much better team than you currently have. you should be able to beat most teams if not all on offence.The foresight you will have will be as annoying as zmaul's evasion!

I agree with tannjam that you only need number crunch on R2. Yoda gives tenacity up and half the time other teams won't be able to hit you!

Thanks!

also you may want to consider getting ezra as a 2nd option for yoda. his offence with JKA is seriously good.

Good to know. Currently farming him
  • "Rapid;c-1139664" wrote:
    Another smithie fan here :-)

OP - yes it's a much better team than you currently have. you should be able to beat most teams if not all on offence.The foresight you will have will be as annoying as zmaul's evasion!

I agree with tannjam that you only need number crunch on R2. Yoda gives tenacity up and half the time other teams won't be able to hit you!

Thank you
  • I ran this exact team for a while without the R2 zetas and could finish #1 on a 2015 shard. Just a few tips though:
    Replace Anakin with Ezra. Ezra does more damage, can provide bonuses to your team, has the same survivability and speed, and adds a second dispel. Ezra is just better than Anakin, UNLESS you're fighting a Zarris team that's trying to force a tie. In that case, sub in Anakin for his heal immunity, but for fighting triple cleanse teams and Zaul teams Ezra is better.
    Don't zeta R2 yet. Seriously, his cleanse zeta isn't really necessary and number crunch just isn't a very big difference. If you really need number crunch than you can zeta it, but generally speaking your speed secondaries determine who you can and can't beat, not an extra 3k protection.
  • "Wildcats1203;c-1139911" wrote:
    I ran this exact team for a while without the R2 zetas and could finish #1 on a 2015 shard. Just a few tips though:
    Replace Anakin with Ezra. Ezra does more damage, can provide bonuses to your team, has the same survivability and speed, and adds a second dispel. Ezra is just better than Anakin, UNLESS you're fighting a Zarris team that's trying to force a tie. In that case, sub in Anakin for his heal immunity, but for fighting triple cleanse teams and Zaul teams Ezra is better.
    Don't zeta R2 yet. Seriously, his cleanse zeta isn't really necessary and number crunch just isn't a very big difference. If you really need number crunch than you can zeta it, but generally speaking your speed secondaries determine who you can and can't beat, not an extra 3k protection.

Thank you. Ezra seems legit. 63/85:(
  • @BigFish58

Hey buddy how you getting on?

Zeta Qgj for Jedi with Zeta R2 is a really good Zeta with GK. On the defense it wont hold but you will be able to climb with ease.

All Arena shards are different and have different levels of activeness. Alot of active shards will see a Zeta Qgj with R2 drop to 20-30 but on my shard triple cleasnes drop to about here too.

If your objective is to push for payout QGJ is your man but you will most likely need to do 5-10 arena battles daily for number 1

Ezra is a great audition, Yoda is not always needed.

Qgj
    R2
    Ezra
    GK
    Ani

This will beat most teams. Once you Zeta both R2 it will lower the needed requirement for Yoda vs some teams.

As your also Empire atm a great team is

Zader
    Sith Assassin
    Nihilus
    GK
    Thrawn
  • My main problem with my jedi team is that if I don't outspeed sith assassin, I outright lose on the first turn vs. zMaul (entire sith team aoes, generally murdering at least 1 toon and sometimes 2 before you get a turn). And I need 5 more speed from somewhere for yoda to move before the fastest SA on my shard.

Other than that, they're awesome.
  • "Smithie;c-1140223" wrote:
    @BigFish58

Hey buddy how you getting on?

Zeta Qgj for Jedi with Zeta R2 is a really good Zeta with GK. On the defense it wont hold but you will be able to climb with ease.

All Arena shards are different and have different levels of activeness. Alot of active shards will see a Zeta Qgj with R2 drop to 20-30 but on my shard triple cleasnes drop to about here too.

If your objective is to push for payout QGJ is your man but you will most likely need to do 5-10 arena battles daily for number 1

Ezra is a great audition, Yoda is not always needed.

Qgj
    R2
    Ezra
    GK
    Ani

This will beat most teams. Once you Zeta both R2 it will lower the needed requirement for Yoda vs some teams.

As your also Empire atm a great team is

Zader
    Sith Assassin
    Nihilus
    GK
    Thrawn

Thanks! I'm gonna build jedi but still slowly get my empire up and running right too!
  • "prepindanile555;c-1139589" wrote:
    "CryGonJinn;c-1139587" wrote:
    "Admiral_Wh1skers;c-1139522" wrote:
    Just an AhnaldT fan passing through lol

Just a McMole2 fan passing through lol

Just a Warrior fan passing through

Hust a monado boi fan passing through
  • "Any;c-1140393" wrote:
    Sure ,see swgoh.gg below

Rank1 everyday , in swgoh.gg rank4 one is just sync delay.

https://swgoh.gg/u/wenn/

On defense with zR2 is not so bad. I can hold rank in top2-14 overnight, average may be fall down to 7

Need zQGJ,zR2 Number crunch then zYoda BM(optional) as R2 stealth make foresight less important.

zeta combat analysis is optional, not much different as swarm of Rex lead?

mod guide line as below

http://www.crouchingrancor.com/mods-master-list-helper-find-the-best-mods-for-each-character/

Prove about sync can delay below.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/117257/about-swgoh-gg-payout-sync-arena-rank#latest

Awesome. I've actually reached #2. Stay around 8-12 at payout. One more zeta and both 200 cuffs to go and I'll grab that #1 spot lol