Forum Discussion

EgonVM
Seasoned Ace
11 months ago

For Rent Residential Rental Preparation Thread

So, For Rent expansion pack was announced, allowing players to build their own Residential Rental lots, be it apartments, duplexes etc. I'm planning to build at least one in almost every world, especially in smaller worlds as it could allow more households to live there.
To ensure that we can enjoy gameplay more than building when the expansion pack releases, let's start preparing the apartment buildings!

I'm making this thread so you could share your builds that are going to be Residential Rental once the pack releases, so to inspire others or to just share your cool ideas.

Some tips from me:
When you take a picture to show the floor layout, separate units with lines like so for example:

Outdated info:
Spoiler
It also seems like there is going to be 2 new mailboxes: one 2x2 and the other 2x2. Just to be safe, mark out the place you are thinking of by placing three to two mailboxes next to each other (or 5 if you really want to mark out 3x2 with thin mailboxes). If you plan to put the mailbox against the wall, you can use wall mailboxes instead. Here are two examples:
For wall one:

For outdoor one (two possibilities):

In addition, I'll bring some new objects' guessed sizes (thus these might differ in the final release):
  • Water heater: 2x2
  • Electrical box: 1x1
  • Hopscotch: 5x1
  • Marbles: 3x3

It's the first time I'm doing a "Show Your Build" thread, but I thought it would be great to have such thread. :)

Edit. SimGuruNova shared this:
ok, last thing. and this, I think, is an important thing to share asap:

feel free to start pre-building 💕 converting to a Residential Rental is easy peasy

Spoiler
https://twitter.com/SimGuruNova/status/1722729508166684867?s=20

I hope if you have any hesitations to do some pre-building, this will make it go away.
So share, get inspired, share feedback and so on. The pack releases on 7th of December, so it would be great to have some residential rental lots ready, right?

Final edit. The pack is now out! If you have shared your build here and have uploaded it to the Gallery, please do share the link to it here!