Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Hidden Lake lot in Outdoor Retreat

I don’t know if this has ever been brought up on here before, but as I was playing in Granite Falls the other day, I thought to myself how fun it would be to be able to find a secret lake where sims can swim, fish, rent kayaks and canoes, and maybe catch a glimpse of the legendary lake monster that lives in the water.

This new lot, called Hiddin Lake (get it?), would be a permanent patched-in feature to the Outdoor Retreat game pack and the only way to access it is to ask a park ranger about it, like so:

Interaction #1: Ask about Hiddin Lake
Response Bubble: “Ah, yes! I know all about it! What would you like to know?”

Interaction #2: Ask about Hiddin Lake activities
Response Bubble: “You can swim in the water, rent kayaks and canoes, and go fishing. Just to name a few…”

Interaction #3: Ask about lake monster
Response Bubble #1: “Heidi the Hiddin Lake Monster is quite famous around here! Photos of her sell for quite a lot, I hear.”
Response Bubble #2: “I’ve heard that Heidi can be quite temperamental. She’s been known to pull people underwater and tip over boats, so be careful out there.”
Response Bubble #3: “Legend has it that the Fireleaf herb is her favorite and she can be lured out of the water if you use as bait while fishing.”

Interaction #4: Ask for directions to Hiddin Lake
You then will be given a pop up asking if you want to travel to Hiddin Lake. From then on, your sim will be able to travel to and from Hiddin Lake whenever they want while vacationing in Granite Falls since they now “know the way.”

Hiddin Lake Activities:

• Swimming - Your sims can swim or skinny dip in the clear, crisp water.
  • Fishing - Your sims can go fishing anywhere there is a fishing sign posted on the water’s edge or from a rented kayak or canoe.
  • Kayaking - Your sims can rent a single-person kayak at the nearby Ranger Station kiosk and paddle around on the water, go fishing or race other kayaking sims.
  • Go Canoeing - Your sims can rent a two-person canoe at the nearby Ranger Station kiosk to paddle around on the water and go fishing. Lovers can woohoo in the canoe under a checkered blanket, making the boat rock back and forth and causing lots of splashing.

Heidi the Hiddin Lake Monster is a plesiosaur that lives in Hiddin Lake who can be quite temperamental and mischievous to visiting sims by sometimes pulling swimming sims underwater or tipping entire boats over in her wake. If your sim manages to capture a photo of the mysterious Heidi, they can sell it for quite a lot of simoleons or keep it as a souvenir. Legend says, Heidi can be lured out while fishing with a fireleaf herb as bait (it’s her favorite) and your sim can interact with her by feeding her freshly caught fish, talking to her and petting her. However, be mindful of her mood because how she’s feeling will determine what type of interactions your sim has with her.

If she's Happy, Heidi will fetch rare collectables for your sim.
If she's feeling Playful, Heidi will splash your sim and want to play.
If she's Angry, Heidi will roar at your sim and might try to eat them, giving your sim an uncomfortable moodlet when she succeeds at gobbling them up and spitting them out.
If she's feeling Sad, Heidi will only want to be consoled and petted.
If she's Flirty, Heidi will lick your sim, giving your sim an uncomfortable moodlet from her kiss.

That's what I came up with so far. What do you all think?
  • "paradiseplanet;c-17164213" wrote:
    There is already a Hidden Lot in Granite Falls...it has a lake and everything.

True but sadly it doesn't have the ops ideas but I dont see them patching that in either. I'd support it though if they did.