Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Layered clothing.

I like the idea of being able to layer clothing for sims, so you could, for example, pick a t-shirt or button down shirt and then layer any jacket or at least most jackets on top, it would allow for more customisation.

Thoughts?
  • I'd really love that! But it would be hard for the devs to make all jackets fit every piece of clothe without clipping...
  • "Amandèle;c-16539352" wrote:
    I'd really love that! But it would be hard for the devs to make all jackets fit every piece of clothe without clipping...

It'd be tricky, but not impossible. They've managed to make hats work.
    I guess it would be done with a category of tops that would fit under jackets, and some tops that could be in the jacket category, to be worn over other tops.

eg. strapless tops, singlets, tshirts, and more fitted shirts and tops would be the under layer options, while looser fit shirts and blouses would be in the jacket category. Less risk of clipping that way.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    I loved that thing in The Sims 2 for console videos. It would be really great to see it again.
  • > @"Amandèle" said:
    > I'd really love that! But it would be hard for the devs to make all jackets fit every piece of clothe without clipping...

i agree
  • "Movotti;c-16541379" wrote:
    "Amandèle;c-16539352" wrote:
    I'd really love that! But it would be hard for the devs to make all jackets fit every piece of clothe without clipping...

It'd be tricky, but not impossible. They've managed to make hats work.

Hats only work because each hair has three meshes, two of which get used specifically for hats, and every hat is made to work with one of those two cut meshes. I can't really imagine them doing something like that with clothes.