Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Redone Rags to Riches Challenge

So I have yet to find a R2R challenge that I have actually liked, so I wrote one myself! Let me know what you guys think!

Creating a Sim
• You’ll want to dress them in the poorest looking clothes/ hair you can find. This will change when you can get a job, see job requirements below.
• The glutton trait is optional, but this trait allows you to eat spoiled food so I’d recommend it.
• The nature traits keep sims enthused about being outdoors, which will keep them satisfied being outside all the time.
Starting out
• You must purchase the largest empty lot available or bulldoze the largest lot and purchase it.
• Must set money to 0 without buying anything but an outdoor trashcan using the CTRL + shift + c and type testingcheats on and hit enter, then type money 000
• No lifespan requirement, you may turn aging off if you want to take more time to complete the challenge.
• Cannot use cheats except to reset your sim if needed
• Nothing can be purchased for the lot without a home that meets the building requirements! Not even seeds.
• Bars have free chips, and parks tend to have people grilling things which is good for finding food at first.
• You can minorly modify community lots to include things that you need, but only 1 per lot. For example, I added a couch to the library and an “anything goes” bush to the park. Must match the tone of the community lot.

Playing the Challenge
• Clubs are a great way to get friends quickly if you have Get Together.
• You can only make money by collecting things, eventually selling paintings, repair parts, flower arrangements, writing (libraries have computers), and fishing.
• You can stay at a friend’s house once you have earned enough on your friendship bar but only for one night per week, and don’t get kicked out for being rude! If they cook, you can take the food into your inventory.
• You cannot try for baby without having a home, roommate, and spouse.
• You must “pay” 25$ a week for the gym membership fee if you use it to shower or exercise
o First week free trial
• 5$ library card fee if you go to the library to level up skills

• (borrowed from another challenge) Once you have befriended 5 sims, being close to you has made them realize the importance of helping people; they have rallied together to build a homeless shelter. On an empty lot, build a completed small building with only the cheapest basic necessities: shower/toilet/sink, refrigerator/stove/ counter, bed, tables/chairs, couch, and a radio.
• You don’t have to pay your bills until you want a roommate (see roommate requirements) because why would you without a house.

Optional Nanny Job
• You can become a self-appointed nanny for a singular family of your choosing for 50$ a night starting out, and then 25$ more every Parenting skill level up (if you have Parenthood. If not,
• You must stay at their home for 8 hours straight and do the housekeeping as well, as long as you don’t get kicked out for being rude.
• You must take care of all the children on the lot
• If you earn the “Always Welcome” trait, you can cook food without being thrown out. But you cannot stay overnight!
Building a Home
• You must have level 3 logic and level 4 handiness before you can start.
• You must forfeit 500$ for a “building permit”
• There must be at least one complete enclosure with a door before you can buy necessities.
• Bathroom must be separately enclosed before gaining a roommate.
• You can add a garden once these have been met, but only after reaching level 3 gardening by reading books and collecting.
Roommate Requirements
• You must befriend a sim enough to Ask to Move in.
• You must have an enclosed bathroom, finished walls, a kitchen, and two beds.
• They cannot get a job until they meet the below job requirements.
• You can choose whether to control them or not.
• Your bills must be paid.

Job Requirements
• Your first job must be part time, using this mod: Teen career for all ages
http://cas-fulleditmode.tumblr.com/post/169817906435/this-is-my-updated-version-of-plasticboxs-teen (if you refuse to mod you can skip this)
• Once you have earned enough working part time and collecting and you have a basic home, you must “pay” an application fee of 25$ and 1000$ for a college degree before you can get a full-time job.
• You will need to forfeit 100$ to “purchase” fresh clothes and another 25$ for a haircut.

Completing the Challenge
• Reach the top of a full-time career
• Max out aspiration
• Get married and raise two children to adulthood
• Build your entire house to at least 2 stories, and large enough to fill the entire lot you purchased.
• Have a net worth of 500,000$
• Take a pic and upload it with #CompletedR2RChallenge or @ me @dezoutloud on the forums because I love to see when people complete the challenges!
No RepliesBe the first to reply