Forum Discussion

MirrorLady
Seasoned Newcomer
3 days ago

Grim Reaper Event Issue

In this ongoing grim event there is a task to read the newsletter from ambrosia society. My sim received it in mail but couldn't red it, the whole letter just disappeared from my inventory. This is frustrating because I cant get rest of the available rewards without completing this task. Is anyone else having the same issue? Can this be fixed?

LiELF
    Seasoned Veteran

Yes!! I'm having this exact issue! I got the newsletter, read it once, but it disappeared from my inventory and my tasks went blank. I tried rolling back my saves, but the event stays at the same progression, even when going back to a place in my save before I began the event. I've been trying to fix it for two hours, thought I was going crazy, lol. 

I did try switching households but didn't see a newsletter there, either. But I see there are some other  suggestions in the thread, so I'll try these. Of course, this is the one event I really, really want to play, and it bugs out on me. SO. Frustrating. 😤

MirrorLady
      Seasoned Newcomer

I did the same, it's been driving me mad. Nothing so far seems to work. I really wanted to play this event too, there is some really neat rewards and now I am worried if I will be even able to get them. I hope we both get it working eventually. 

81shmhvhse03
    Seasoned Newcomer

Hi, was having the same issue. Here’s how I got around it: loaded different lot, selected mailbox, now had the option to Reorder Ambrosia Society Newsletter, reordered, used cell phone option Expedite Mail Delivery, waited until mail carrier returned, Got Mail from Mailbox with same sim who Reordered Newsletter, letter reappeared in my inventory and i was able to read it. 

MirrorLady
      Seasoned Newcomer

Hi. I tried this but sadly even the option to reorder the newsletter wont appear for me. I tried to move my sim to another lot. Then I tried with a different household and lastly I created a new save file and the option still wont appear for me. I am glad it worked for you though. I guess I just have to keep trying. 

lexnastics
    Seasoned Newcomer

The tasks arent even appearing in the top corner of my screen, the little reaper dude is but not the tasks

cynthiaevemoon
      Newcomer

Same. And tried all the troubleshooting I could: disabled mods, removed all the mods from my mods folder, started a new entirely mod free game. Still the same error. Also all the Grim Even interactions I had when the even originally started are all gone, too. I still have the event rewards I got so far, and the lil reaper is in the corner, but no tasks. When I click on him it takes me to the window that shows you the event rewards.

igotadarksoul
      Rising Newcomer

I was playing earlier today and the task were showing up, but I just signed in and they are no longer showing. Its possible that they are trying to work out the bugs. 

erinmarieyoder
      Seasoned Newcomer

Same here. I completed some tasks, now the white box is empty with no tasks.

lanlynk
    Seasoned Novice

This happened to me too. I decided to take a chance by restarting the game. I made a new save, restarted, and loaded that save. My event UI popped back up with the Newsletter task, and the mail carrier was there delivering the mail. My sim got the mail, which was the newsletter. I immediately opened his inventory and clicked to read the newsletter right then and there. It worked. The event registered the task and progressed. Hope you guys can have luck as well. 

mellybolts
    Seasoned Newcomer

Same. the task to read the letter is also gone and dissapeared before i got to read it so i had to remember that was the next task,

SilverSerpentA1
    Seasoned Newcomer

Having the same exact issue. My ambrosia society newsletter just up and disappeared and won't register.

Ashley5308
      Seasoned Newcomer

I can't get past the letter I have read it and it won't register 

caitylol
      Seasoned Newcomer

I'm having the exact same issue

Yormom2
    Seasoned Newcomer

I receive the newsletter and read it, but event won't register. So...I'm stuck at that part too.

kcapers64
      Seasoned Newcomer

I had this issue as well. I was playing with one of my sims that already had gardening level 10 due to the fact that his aspiration was to be an expert nectar maker.He also was level 10 cooking , so I thought maybe he needed to be level 10 Gourmet cook, that also did not work so I switched to a sim with low level skills in all the above mentioned skill and that worked.

Ashley5308
        Seasoned Newcomer

My sim has high cooking level I'm going to try with one of my lower leveled ones I'm doing the 100 baby's challenge and my matriarch has master the cooking level but not gardening I try one of her teens