Forum Discussion

mrstank30
New Novice
2 days ago

The mailman stuck and waving

Since the recent update, the mailman gets stuck.  You can reset him but he goes right back to being stuck.  I've tried a few things.  The mail does come.  The mailbox is accessible, I double checked nothing was blocking it.  You can break the cycle by talking to the mailman or inviting him in.  But every time the mailman visits he reverts back to this cycle of waving and the mailbox appears over his head.  All mods are currently out due to the reaper event errors.  I also notice I can't complete the reaper event where the mailman gets the newsletter so I am not sure if these issues are related.

I have done all of the standard troubleshooting and several game repairs.  I do not want to create a new save or new game files.  I feel like I have to do this so often.  This is the save I am building, it's not very old and started as a blank save file.  Most of the sims/homes are my own builds so not much from the gallery to glitch out.

TIA

• I finally got the first week of grim reaper challenge done and the mailman delivered mail normally.  I can't say for sure but it appears to be related to the reaper event.  I did change out the mailbox to be sure.

• I used a different mailbox and deleted the large one and it worked right away.  *finally 

About The Sims 4 Gameplay Questions & Issues

Get help and answers to your gameplay questions and issues in The Sims 4.463 PostsLatest Activity: 46 minutes ago