Forum Discussion

7 years ago

(Cats & Dogs) Can you create pets to be adopted?

To elaborate:

Can I go into CAS, create a household full of just pets, and somehow make it accessible in the "population bin" (dunno what to call it, but it's how a couple of my CAS sims ended up as townies), and would they then be able to be adopted (through the computer interaction)?

In other words, I want a sim to adopt a pet in-game (as opposed to Merge Household shenanigans), but I want to customize some pets for the purpose.
  • "Pegasys;c-16689759" wrote:
    "floridameerkat;c-16687834" wrote:
    "paradiseplanet;c-16666838" wrote:
    You can try making a cat you want on a played sim, then make the played sim give it up for adoption, which will send it to the pet adoption pool for a short while. Then, immediately go to the household you want that cat to be adopted into, and see if that cat is still in the adoption pool. That may work for you.

I saw a thread that said when giving a pet up for adoption, the game just deletes them, rather than adding them to the pool of adoptable pets, so this might not work.

The game doesn't delete them right away - I had a sister adopt one of her brother's kittens after he put it up for adoption.

But, it will be deleted very soon if you don't switch to the household you want the pet to be adopted on immediately. As in right after the pet was put for adoption; leave that household, and go straight to the desired household and adopt it. No stops in-between!
  • I have a similar question... I want to be able to experience adopting a dog in the sims 4 without making my own in CAS. I want it to be a male golden retriever, but there are very limited amounts of dogs to choose from. Do the dogs in the "adoption pool" change over time, if so how often?
  • > @laxzey said:
    > I have a similar question... I want to be able to experience adopting a dog in the sims 4 without making my own in CAS. I want it to be a male golden retriever, but there are very limited amounts of dogs to choose from. Do the dogs in the "adoption pool" change over time, if so how often?

When I play (I probably have different options than you lol sorry if this is wrong) it changes either everyday or every time.
    simsimsere
    Seasoned Rookie
    You can do it via computer. Think it's household... and then adopt a cat or a dog (same way as adopting a child).
    dianed485
    Seasoned Traveler
    I noticed when you leave your lot and come back, the dogs/cats up for adoption change. So I do that when I want a specific breed, take my sim to another lot and come back (though you can change it In cas too, you can adopt a chihuahua and turn it into a labradoodle if you want to).

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,044 PostsLatest Activity: 2 months ago