Forum Discussion

atreya33
Seasoned Ace
4 years ago

Choose a specific sim as retail employee?

I would like to set up a retail store. The owner can select an employee out of six sims but the Sim I want isn't on that list. Is there a way or work around to select a sim that is not on the list?
  • I don't think you can choose whoever without mods. But if you are on pc and use mods you can use this one: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175404064663/hire-certain-sims-incl-family-members-at
    SheriSim
    Seasoned Hotshot
    "Atreya33;d-985579" wrote:
    I would like to set up a retail store. The owner can select an employee out of six sims but the Sim I want isn't on that list. Is there a way or work around to select a sim that is not on the list?

If you don’t use mods, you might try giving that other sim a few skill points in the area the sims popping up for employment have, and make sure the sim you want currently has no job.

My daughter made a chef on her game with high cooking to employ him at a restaurant, and sure enough he popped up for employment.

One of my unemployed played housewives I had popped up for retail once and I hired her!

Good luck!
  • Thank you both for your suggestions. It might be a few days until I get around to playing again to actually test these.

@SheriSim57 I think I will try the solution without mods first. Unfortunately the skills for retails seem to be less straightforward than the skills for a restaurant. These seem to be some kind of hidden skill. One of the sims which were suggested by the game had just one normal skill but the hiring dialogue box showed 3. Seems like I need to cheat in order to set the retail skills. cheat codes

@Yautjagirl Thanks for the link, if this doesn't work I will try out the mod. The one you linked is for restaurant but turns out littlemssam also has a similar one for retail. I just hope I can safely remove the mod after hiring the employees and don't need to keep it.
  • The retail workers level up Charisma and Handiness through the in-game feature of sending them to education.

I would really like this to be an added feature in the game, to make it easier.

Oh, and I have not tried to employ certain sims in retail yet, but when I do I would try to see if Unplayed (household not loaded ever) and Not In World (homeless) has importance in who gets suggested as well as their current whereabouts.
  • I found this feature a bit lacking, too! Not long ago one of my rather poor sims started a rather low status store. When she was to hire staff, all available were from my group of high nobility. I mean, no way my duchesses and dukes would take a job at a small souvenir shop! I found no way to select any other sim, and it surprised me that none of the suggestions were NPCs.

I could solve this by having each high nobility sim register with the "office of labor", just for the game to see them as not seeking a job. In your case you could try giving jobs tio some of those employees suggested, and give some extra skills to the one you want. I wisj that list would be longer though...