Forum Discussion

3 years ago

couldn't follow my sims to high school?

so i got the expansion and i have a household w/ teen siblings; i wanted to try out the whole high school thing but they just went to school as normal (like before, just disappearing); i tried going to the school lot but then it just had it that they were skipping class. did i do something wrong, or is that a bug? anyone know how this is supposed to work?
  • "sam123;c-18159377" wrote:
    "moon_moth;c-18159367" wrote:
    "sam123;c-18159349" wrote:
    This happened my first day. I unticked then ticked the new follow option and it's working now. Maybe try that?

oh thanks, i'll have to try that. and that's in the game options menu or?

It's in the job panel it should say "Enable Follow Messages". It's on by default, click it to turn it off then on again and see if that works for you.

so that didn't work! i'm getting kinda frustrated, i paid money for this expansion and so far i can't even use it
    anyone have any idea what's going on?
  • "moon_moth;c-18160297" wrote:
    "sam123;c-18159377" wrote:
    "moon_moth;c-18159367" wrote:
    "sam123;c-18159349" wrote:
    This happened my first day. I unticked then ticked the new follow option and it's working now. Maybe try that?

oh thanks, i'll have to try that. and that's in the game options menu or?

It's in the job panel it should say "Enable Follow Messages". It's on by default, click it to turn it off then on again and see if that works for you.

so that didn't work! i'm getting kinda frustrated, i paid money for this expansion and so far i can't even use it
    anyone have any idea what's going on?

Do you happen to have mods? If so what I do when something won't work right, I move my entire "The Sims 4" folder out of my My Documents and put it on my desktop and start the game, so it generates a new folder and start my game to see if that problem is still happening.

If the problem isn't happening in a new fresg game folder, then I know it's mod/CC related and I put half my mods back in and just keep testing until I find the issue (or I just leave them out and keep checking the modders site for news on updates, then D/L the updated mod and put it back into my game)