Forum Discussion

6 years ago

"Duh" Moments

I recently realized I named 2 of the families in my save "Prescott" and "Westcott." I made them weeks from each other and made other families in between, but I'm still annoyed with myself for not realizing how similar the names are. Apparently, I just really like names that rhyme with "-escott," LOL.

What are some moments when you did something less than brilliant in your game, and later realized it and thought, "Duh--why did I do that??"
  • I was getting mad at one of my families, because they would never wash the dishes in the kitchen. They'd always take stuff to a bathroom.

Then I noticed that I forgot to give them a kitchen sink and dishwasher when I was redoing the kitchen. Whoops. :#
  • Made my male sim flirt with his wife but then got confused why the wife has an angry moodlet and then realizing that he isn't in fact, flirting with said wife, but just another sim who has the same hair colour
  • Most of mine are of the, “Why the !*$# is my sim refusing to practice speech in this mirror?!” variety.

Then I rage for a while before realizing the door is for male or female sims only.
  • Mine is like everyone else with the locked door or blocked pathways lol Or sending my sim to do a skill activity that goes on for a particular time and causing them to miss work or school because they don't stop those things to leave home
  • "Sigzy05;c-17161535" wrote:
    "DragonAge_300905;c-17161487" wrote:
    "pegasusventrice;c-17161367" wrote:
    "DragonAge_300905;c-17161271" wrote:
    "alyssa123;c-17160923" wrote:
    can't tell you how many times my sim has refused to go in a room and then i realise it was because i locked the door

I used to lock my front door and then wonder why when I invited sims in they stayed outside. Now I lock the bedroom door to keep the vampires from my sim when she's sleeping.

I lock the doors to any rooms that have computers. It's rude they can use my computer lol.

lol

Another one I've done so many times is build building backwards. I scrapped so many builds because of it. This is what I mean, the guard towers are on the wrong side.

You can move the whole building you know? Just rotate it so that the towers go backwards.

I want the towers to be by the road and on the inner corner over the path into town. I'm going to see how the building will look if I increase the room size below the roof to put the stairs sideways going up to the roof. If it looks good, I'll build the towers over the path.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,044 PostsLatest Activity: 2 minutes ago