Forum Discussion

EgonVM
Seasoned Ace
2 months ago

Feedback on Turn-ons and Turn-offs in Lovestruck

Hi.

So the turn-ons and turn-offs (further referred to as TOTO) have been revealed. There are of course some parts I'm happy about and some parts I'm... feeling needs improvement.

For those unaware, there are 3 types of TOTOs:

1. Physical - These are based on sim's appearance, thus these are attraction points your sim starts off with.
  2. Personality - These are based on sim's traits and skills and affect attraction as soon as they are learned.
  3. Romance Styles - These affect what your sim has to do to raise or lower the Romantic Satisfaction.

Right now, there are 6 categories. These how they go into those 3 types:

• Physical includes Hair Color, Outfit Color, and Fashion
  • Personality includes Way of Life and Characteristics
  • Romance Styles includes, well, interactions.

Here are feedback on each of the types. I'll use the spoiler tag to make the post easier to navigate:

Physical TOTO Feedback

Now that's a really underwhelming category.

Fashion and Hair Color is OK, but Outfit Color in my opinion is so minor that I feel like there could be something better.

I'll take The Sims 2 for example. In there, the physical TOTOs would be:

• Hair colors (Which is represented)
  • Swimwear, Underwear, Formalwear
  • Glasses
  • Hats
  • Jewelry (Accessories)
  • Makeup
  • Fit, Fat (which I get why these weren't included)
  • Cologne
  • Stink
  • Life state (Vampires, Zombies, Servos, Werewolves, Plantsims, Witches)

So, based on that, I'd suggest these categories:

• Hair (Bald, Short hair, Medium hair, Long hair, Updo hair, Body hair)
  • Makeup & Accessories (Glasses, Lips etc)
  • Clothing (Skirts, Blouses etc)
  • Life States (Aliens?, Vampires, Mermaids, Spellcasters, Servos, Werewolves)
  • Smell (I'll explain further)

Smell is an interesting category and I envision there 9 options (so that the layout makes my brain feel good). Besides stink, I'd suggest perfumes or colognes or whatever, and suggest to have different types of them, like Rose, Citrus, Moonpetal etc... I'm not knowledgeable in this world, so please suggest your own here.

Personality TOTO Feedback

This is mostly fine. After all, these are things that come into play when sims get to know to each other. After all, it all may start off unattractive because of yellow clothing, but as sims get to know each other, they may become very attracted to each other. I have some suggestions though.

The Way of Life category could also take career tracks into account. Here are my suggestions how it would look like:

• Academic could include Education, Doctor, Scientist, Gardener (Botanist branch), and Conservationist (Marine Biologist branch) careers.
  • Arts & Crafts could include Entertainer (Musician branch), Freelancer Artist/Writer/Photographer/Crafter, Painter, Style Influencer, Writer, Critic, and Interior Decorator careers.
  • Culinary could include Culinary and Critic (Food Critic branch) careers.
  • Drink Making could include Culinary career.
  • Engineering could include Freelance Programmer, Scientist, Engineer, and Civil Designer careers.
  • Health & Sports could include Astronaut, Athlete, Doctor, and Military careers.
  • Interpersonal could include Business, Secret Agent, Tech Guru (Start-up Entrepreneur Branch), Writer (Journalist branch), Detective, Critic, Politician, Conservationist (Environmental Manager branch), Law, Salaryperson, and Romantic Consultant careers.
  • Media & Technology could include Tech Guru and Social Media careers.
  • Nature could include Gardener and Conservationist careers.
  • Performer could include Entertainer, Social Media, and Actor careers.
  • Sense of Humor could include Entertainment career.

In addition, I feel like Occultist could also be one of the options. Likes those who have Medium or Vampire Lore skill or has high occult rank.

Characteristics I get. These are based on traits sims can discover. I'd still like to add Mysterious characteristic that includes Erratic trait and occult statuses.

Romance Styles TODOs I have little to give feedback on. Well, besides some selections like public woohoo, private woohoo and kissing.

So yeah, again, it's an interesting system I'd like to see expanded further in the future. It could have many customization options to make the game more interesting after all.

52 Replies