Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Flirting is so Easy...

Out of curiosity, I threw a flirt at Brent, in front of Brant. He accepted it, we became boyfriends and everything. Is this normal or is Brent just a little scandalous?
  • I'm finding it so hard to get someone to accept my sim's romance advances for days and everyone keeps rejecting her lol. It was going good with this guy but then she caught him flirting with someone else and then got very sad and their romance decreased.

She doesn't have the unflirty trait.

I've never found it too easy, is it just my game?
  • "kaiwrysims;c-16329378" wrote:
    I'm finding it so hard to get someone to accept my sim's romance advances for days and everyone keeps rejecting her lol. It was going good with this guy but then she caught him flirting with someone else and then got very sad and their romance decreased.

She doesn't have the unflirty trait.

I've never found it too easy, is it just my game?

Me too. I noticed in my game that if I force romance or be fast with it, they will flirt or talk with anyone else, or sometimes reject. Also, if they have negative trait like evil or mean, they will start insulting. And their mood can be focused or energized what I think that means "not interested in flirting with you".
  • I feel they may have recently either broken or modified the mechanics of romance.

There was another thread saying all Sims are bisexual now. I got curious then and loaded up my game to play a character with the Vampiric Charm power. Sure enough, I personally remember it only used to work on the opposite gender, whereas now it was hitting everyone.

As I said, I'm not sure if it's intended or a bug, but either way these changes to romance sure seem to be annoying a lot of people.
  • I think there are just certain Sims that don't ever find a particular interest in romance at all, and then there are those that apparently can't keep it in their pants. A great example of both of these is one of my earliest Sims on Sims 4, single mom and artist Loretta Lawrence. I had her spend most of her YA life caring for her son Daniel, and never once bothered having her flirt with anyone, except that one accidental embrace where it ended up applying the romance bar to a gay trans male Sim I created who never found any interest in here. Since then I've never seen her flirt autonomously with anyone, and appears to have no real romantic interest in anyone. Sometimes I've even seen her going out to eat alone at formal restaurants lol. It seems a bit sad but, it really gives her a personality that I always likened her to have; a single, independent mom who don't need no man!

Then on the other side, we have the premade Andre DaSilva, who Loretta keeps a room open in her house for him to live with. Not long after I started playing him, I had him start flirting with a man; the romance sparked, but it didn't go anywhere. Then he started flirting autonomously on his own with other people outside the household; men, women, young, old, anyone. He even dared flirt with my simself in front of my sim boyfriend which my simself casually rejected, when he was visiting their old apartment. Now he has both a girlfriend, and two side chicks that are Candy and Yuki Behr, and each has a son coming from him, and they're both in love with Andre and don't even know that they're both in love with him lol. He hasn't flirted with Loretta yet, but I imagine he would do it autonomously one of these days. Also, I'll be moving him in with the Behrs quite soon...and there will be hell. >:)