Forum Discussion

5 years ago

I figured out who Holly Alto from Del Sol Valley is, and here's why!

Update: Guys, so... I totally forgot Lola Lancaster and her daughter Lina Lancaster (which looks exactly like an Alto would). In Lola's single biography, it is said she was once involved with Nick Alto and his brother Bert... So, she could be the daughter of any of them.

Hello, guys. I wish you all a good new year, both for us and for the Sims franchise.
Many of you don't know, but I've been working on a fixed timeline save file for Sims 4, where I'll be recreating Sims 1 houses and families, as well as guessing what happened with families from the worlds/neighborhoods set in the past + figuring out how families from the future were and how they got there. This also includes adding Sims 4 premades in a cohesive timeline matching Sims 1/2/3 timeline (which also need some fixes like the Langeraks being in Sunset Valley, when Kaylynn should be way younger than Mortimer and Bella).
Its still not ready for sharing, but its been fun to build this for us. I'll be releasing it in "worlds". Once I finish a world I'll shared the save, and update the save once a new world is done.

My method is searching for sims with similar surnames and connecting them, I calculate where/how/when something happened using their ages (days till age up) in all games after placing each world/neighborhood in bigger timeline of events, etc... With Sims 4 I treat each world as being a separate world in a separate moment of time (maybe Don Lothario broke the fabrics of reality when Dina and Nina sent him back to Riverview's past). Anyway, its a cool investigation and today I thought that it would be fun to share with you guys what I have found out about the Altos and how.

The first time we meet the Altos is on Sunset Valley, but they are everywhere, just like the Goths and the Landgraabs. The earliest mention we have about them is Ebenezer Alto, the founder of Bridgeport. He's probably not Nick's father/grandfather, but he's obviously the Alto's ancestor. At some point the Alto family had 3 boys. The oldest is Bert Alto... Why?!
Well, the game implies that Sunset Valley and Hidden Springs are contemporary. In Sunset Valley Nick is 16 days away from becoming and elder, while Bert is only 13 days away from becoming an elder.

Then, I figured out that there's a third Alto brother. And it would be Griffin Alto, from Sunlit Tides which through my calculations happens 21 days after Sunset Valley (using the Mango family as a reference for that placement, and other families in each world that a Mango family member lives). He's way younger than they are. When you first play Sunlit Tides, he's 18 days away from becoming an adult, which infers that he would be 2 days away from becoming a teenager if he was present in Sunset Valley/Hidden Springs. He's not mentioned as being Nick's or Bert's son in that timeframe, so I guess he was living with Bert's and Nick's parents in a unknow world being the youngest Alto brother. (Also, he looks way too much if both Bert and Nick to be son of one of them and not their brother).

Moving forward we meet more Altos. There's Holly Alto in Beacon Bay when Alexander is a Young Adult, there's a Holly Alto in Del Sol Valley when Dustin Broke and Dirk Dreamer are Young Adults, and there's the Alto family from Isla Paradiso composed of Lopita, Alfonso and Ashley Alto. Lets stick to this last one for now. Alfonso's probably the heir of the Altos in this world, but he looks more like Bert then like Nick. both have a similar skin color as well as the brown hair, while Nick has black/grey hair. About Isla Paradiso, there's also a member of the Mango family there. Using it as a reference, I figured that Alfonso would've been born 4 days after the start of Sunset Valley/Hidden Springs... There's space for Bert to impregnate a woman with Alfonso. When you first start playing with Bert, he knows a couple of sims and one of them got my attention. Her name is Gabriella Ornales, a snob newly widowed gold digger politician 14 days away from becoming an Elder. Who's better than her to be Alfonso's mother? Knowing that the Altos usually team up with spanish-related sims (as Alto means Tall/High in spanish), and Alfonso is the most spanish name after Vita... I bet Gabriella got pregnant of Bert just to make sure she had her share of the Alto's fortune.

Moving to Holly Alto from Beacon Bay and Del Sol Valley. I think that both of them are the same sim, but none of them are Sunset Valley's Holly. Why?
Both of them have darker features, like brown hair (Beacon Bay Holly)/black hair (Del Sol Valley Holly), brown eyes (both of them) and dark skin (Beacon Bay Holly)/tanned skin (Del Sol Valley Holly). Other things further support my theory, due to the presence of Dirk Dreamer and Dustin Broke as YA in Del Sol Valley, as well as Holly from there being a YA, as well as the presence o Alexander Goth in Beacon Bay as an YA, as well as Holly from there being a YA make's me pretty sure they are the same. My calculations reveal to me that Del Sol Valley would happen 13 days after Pleasantview, while Beacon Bay would happen 3 days after Del Sol Valley. Maybe between those 3 days Holly met a "Don" and married him.

But what is the link between this darker skinned/haired Holly to the Sunset Valley one? Using my calculation methods, Holly Alto II (Beacon Bay/Del Sol Valley) would've been born when Holly Alto I (Sunset Valley) was 24 days away from becoming an elder. Which would be around Sims 1/3 days after Sims one. My theory is that Holly Alto I dated with a unknow dark skinned sim from Sunset Valley or Sims University, they married and had Holly Alto II whe Holly Alto was an adult.

Oh, I almost forgot... We also have Alto's in the future. haha At some point they end up living in Lunar Lakes... There's Trenton Alto, Eleanor Alto and their son Jareth Alto. But I don't know which one of the 3 strands of the Alto family they could be related... Maybe through Eleanor they could be related to Beacon Bay/Del Sol Valley dark skinned Holly, but I think their family bio states that Trenton is the heir of the Alto family, and he looks really different from any Alto's prior to Lunar Lakes...

Observations: I use Sims 4's normal life stages frame to calculate my stuff, since its to most recent, updated and optimized life stage lenght. Also, I greatly dislike Sims 4 being in a alternate timeline, so you have to remember that I'm ignoring this to be able to fit SIms 4 characters in a cohesive timeline that respects the love we had for past iterations of the games and their worlds/neighborhoods and inhabitants.

HERE'S A SAMPLE OF WHAT THE FAMILY TREE WOULD LOOK LIKE:
https://66.media.tumblr.com/1eab77d867f2b00bff58fd65a0db3be5/f531e6c66137c800-3c/s540x810/d67152fcd94709e7556d85a81d514869d1938c35.png

You can access the genealogy tree on this link: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/5e0be2c94c50dc00062a93c1

What are your thoughts? What are your theories on this subject? Do you think that Holly Alto II's partner is Don Lothario? Which dark skinned/tan skinned sims from Sunset Valley/Sims University do you think married with Holly Alto's I? Do you think VJ Alvi left Lisa Bunch and married Holly Alto, even though she's good and he's evil? haha