Forum Discussion

4 years ago

The Sims 4 moving away from its kid friendly themes?

Has anyone seen the music choice for the latest trailer?!

https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/1433838197398589443

Now, the song is awful. But hopefully this means there has been a change of direction where more adult themes might be coming into the game, The Sims 4 is too bright, colourful and perfect - nothing bad ever happens, it is all too child friendly and I tire of it.

• I feel the exact same way. Im also suprised it isnt in simlish. But im pretty sure you can toggle what songs play in your game via options. And even if not, you can just skip the song on the radio.

Good point ! It isn't Simlish.

• "comicsforlife;c-17972594" wrote:
    "DaWaterRat;c-17972570" wrote:
    I was mildly surprised by the trailer using a song that needs a radio edit, but as with many things, my reaction was "Oh. That's new." and move on with my life.

Language in the song aside, I thought it was a good song that did fit the pack, especially in light of the improvements. Made me think of a couple of friends doing a Girl's Day before transitioning into a Ladies Night Out. But then, I don't need "Zen" music to relax, I just need good music.

(Also gives me a sliver of hope that if we ever get Werewolves, EA will be willing to shell out for Bark at the Moon or Werewolves of London...)

well I thought the beat was good if it is in the game it will be in simlish so no harm to the kids
    and we adults have heard a lot worse then that song no I don't think it means ea is going in a different direction
    in game but I wouldn't mind it if they were I think they should lighten up and have little fun

ok good to know

• "SERVERFRA;c-18013156" wrote:
    @faytheful, the K. I. L. L interaction is clicking on a sim & selecting the K. I. L. L by Wild Rabbit.
    This is in the Cottage Living Pack.

nvm K.I.L.L. by wild rabbit, really ? ! Just to be clear, they have the option to have another sim killed by a wild rabbit ?
    Is that right ? Thanks for the information btw.
    Monet11
    New Spectator
    "faytheful;c-18014711" wrote:
    "SERVERFRA;c-18013156" wrote:
    @faytheful, the K. I. L. L interaction is clicking on a sim & selecting the K. I. L. L by Wild Rabbit.
    This is in the Cottage Living Pack.

nvm K.I.L.L. by wild rabbit, really ? ! Just to be clear, they have the option to have another sim killed by a wild rabbit ?
    Is that right ? Thanks for the information btw.

It's a cheat to have a sim taken out by a rabbit and is a reference to a classic Monty Python film. It's a nod to a bit of British humor, and given the sims history of odd death causes, fits in well with Cottage Living.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,040 PostsLatest Activity: 2 minutes ago