Forum Discussion

AmaraRena
Seasoned Traveler
2 days ago

The Vampire Witch conundrum

It makes no sense to me that a vampire can't learn magic. That being a witch or a vampire are 2 different lifestates. Anyone should be able to learn magic. 

Now I'm led to understand that there CAN be hybrids as in a child born to a witch and a vampire. But how the heck does that work out in terms of gameplay?

LadyGray01
    Seasoned Hotshot

I have had Sims who were born hybrid witch vampires (twins). It didn't work correctly though. It was years ago, so I don't remember all the things wrong, but I know they had different needs, perk trees, etc. that didn't go together and there wasn't a magic meter. I was afraid that it would somehow mess up my game and ended up curing one of vampirism so she could be a spellcaster and the other of being a spellcaster so she could be a vampire. On the plus side, any child of a spellcaster, vampire or otherwise, still carries and passes on any spellcaster blood traits.

• Children should be able to learn from elders. I wanted to make a magic school with all my young witches in game. I have to wait for them to become teens and that's fine, the younger kids are more fun to play with in the game.

atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran

I agree, anyone should be able to learn magic. I would love to have some of my werewolves learn magic, Remus Lupin is one of them. And part of the reason why I play very few aliens is because they are blocked from all the other occult lifestates. 

I think the reason why this is impossible is the sims 2. That game allowed hybrids to the extreme. The devs even made special servo versions for servo vampires. With two or three occults that's doable but at the end of the sims 2 the amount of possible combinations became too complex. You could have something like a zombie-plantsim-werewolf-wizard. That's why sims 3 and 4 don't allow it. You can of course cheat it or create one through a glitch with the dark leyline lot trait. 

I understand that all combinations are impossible but magic should have been an exception because it partly feels like a skill. 

I personally stay away from them because I am afraid to risk my long term save. If you can and want to use mods, there is one created especially for hybrids.

https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=643617&cb=1726968908 

• Darwin is a Warlock, Morgyn Ember's twin brother (evil ) remade with the same skills and male traits. His life mate is a vampire and his first child is a vampire. The vampire child has the glimmer stone and I am curious to see witch way this child leans to with having two occult parents.❤️