Forum Discussion

5 years ago

What do you think a 'distinguished degree' is?

With DU offering sims normal degrees and distinguished degrees, just out of interest what exactly do you think a distinguished degree is?
  • I would like to think that the Distinguished Degree would be a bit more advanced than graduating with honors (but in all honesty, it probably isn't). I hope it at least gives a substantial boost in a sim's career when they get a job that is aligned with their degree.
  • Over in the info thread there's a bit mentioned about degree-holders earning PTO faster. I wonder if there's a difference in how fast PTO is earnt based on whether the sim has a normal or distinguished degree.
  • "BabySquare;c-17307278" wrote:
    Over in the info thread there's a bit mentioned about degree-holders earning PTO faster. I wonder if there's a difference in how fast PTO is earnt based on whether the sim has a normal or distinguished degree.

I imagine that having such a degree will yield a better starting level, easier promotion and higher salary than less prestigious degrees.
  • Bachelor's Degree I think is Distinguished Degree and first degree is for Associate's Degree.