Forum Discussion

MR_TURBODRIVER
Seasoned Newcomer
10 months ago

Paranormal Investigator career spawn issue fix mod

Hey! If you played the Paranormal Investigator career in the past 3 years you might have noticed that it's broken. Every gig should begin with specters spawning depending on the selected difficulty level. When this bug triggers, it will never go away. Gigs will only spawn one paranormal object per hour and you will never encounter specters. This can make this career unplayable. This is not a guaranteed issue though, some saves don't encounter this problem, but once it starts it won't go away.

I have investigated this problem and found out why this happens and posted about it on AHQ, but I don't know what's the technical reason for it. This is something only the actual game developers can be sure of, hopefully.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PSP-P-Investigator-Lots-Don-t-Spawn-with-Specters-or-Cursed/m-p/13229702/highlight/true#M261648

Nonetheless, I made a fix workaround mod for this bug. Sorry console players.

The fix itself is a hacky workaround that assures existence of the active Sim when loading into a gig to perform the necessary actions for the career to work, so it might even fix some other bugs in the game related to this issue. Who knows.

I'm posting this here because AHQ admins remove links from third party websites and maybe this forum won't be considered a third party website. Sometimes it's difficult to offer help to players.

FixLateActiveSimReference Download -> https://mega.nz/file/mU8D2JpR#iCklo_A8DiLl8IEEaCcnXs8Oumxar64ezeYJ6yfWCrQ
Just put it into your Mods folder and the career should work again.
  • Thank you so much for this fix, Turbo! I got the notification months ago that you had posted on the report but didn't realize you posted again with a mod to fix it. Maybe now I can finally play the Paranormal Investigator career, three years after my bug report.
    MR_TURBODRIVER
    Seasoned Newcomer

This fix mod will no longer be needed with the 1.109.172 game patch next week.