Forum Discussion

MomGinny
Seasoned Newcomer
15 days ago

Can't create folder

Since the most recent update I have been unable to play the game. I get an error that the folder cannot be found. So after 2 days of trying to repair the game, which failed, I uninstalled the whole thing, and tried to reinstall. I get the same message... 

I am on a windows laptop. I do not use any CC or mods. Its going to take forever to download 63.44 GB of data, but that's ok. As long as it will actually download and install.  What do I need to do? 

Please help!

Cynthia

MomGinny
    Seasoned Newcomer

Also didnt note.... was using Chrome. Have moved to Brave. Same error regardless of browser.

• MomGinny  This is usually antivirus-related, so please set an exception in yours for EADesktop.exe.  You may need to clear the EA App's cache as well if you're using that to download (rather than Steam).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that alone doesn't help, temporarily disable the antivirus and try again to install the game.  As long as you don't do anything else at the same time, your computer should be safe.

Once you've reinstalled Sims 4, set exceptions for it as well: TS4_x64, TS4_DX9_x64, and TS4_Launcher_x64; or the entire Bin folder they're in.

I'm not sure what your browser has to do with this, unless I'm missing something.  Please let me know.

MomGinny
      Seasoned Newcomer

Life happened, and I havent been able to try to reload or respond. Turned off the antivirus and everything worked properly! Thanks for answering my question!

MomGinny
    Seasoned Newcomer

Thanks for the response! I will try this. Im not sure the browser has anything to do with it but it was a recent change, and so I thought I would mention it.  I will update if it works :)