Forum Discussion

11 years ago

After Easter Forced Update now game is unplayable

I agree! Going to friends towns is very slow. One friend I couldn't get to cause game keeps crashing.
  • Yeah this is a JOKE!! I was excited to finally be done with the "Easter" Update but now I'm just pissed!! I play on Kindle Fire HD whatever the heck it is, and my town is SOOOO Lagged its unplayable!! Does EA know about this junk, or is there a way to notify them? Otherwise I guess I've wasted a lot of time for a game that I'm no longer going to play!
  • BlakeC02309 wrote:
    Yeah this is a JOKE!! I was excited to finally be done with the "Easter" Update but now I'm just pissed!! I play on Kindle Fire HD whatever the heck it is, and my town is SOOOO Lagged its unplayable!! Does EA know about this junk, or is there a way to notify them? Otherwise I guess I've wasted a lot of time for a game that I'm no longer going to play!

They know about it but whether or not they'll fix it is another question. Their help forum is being flood with reports.

Here is one of many fast growing threads there: http://answers.ea.com//t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/New-Update-With-Animation-Lag-EA-said-post-here/m-p/2790328#M74842

I
  • bosmanad wrote:
    They'll fix it. Just gotta do 24hr tasks and not play as much until it happens.

That's exactly what I plan to do tonight. I could use a break from playing 17 times a day anyway.
  • The update is forced now? :evil: Crap. I haven't played in like 8 hours.

EDIT: Just logged in. It didn't force me to update. I can still tap bunnies.
  • I've still got my daughters game playing the update and it hasn't forced me to update, still tapping those wan bits although it getting difficult with not so many people no updated.

One thing to the OP you don't have automatic update set on your device do you?
  • NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I've still got my daughters game playing the update and it hasn't forced me to update, still tapping those wan bits although it getting difficult with not so many people no updated.

One thing to the OP you don't have automatic update set on your device do you?

Maybe??.....Shot myself in the foot??

I didn't think so since I had to uninstall/reinstall to get the Easter event to start. Any idea on where to check the setting on a Kindle?
  • I'm still tapping bunnies.
    I've managed to get 6 more boxes in the meantime, although baskets and friends are getting scarce, about half the players have updated and cannot be visited. I think I'll hold out for one more day, I'm pretty sure they'll roll out an update tomorrow and force us to it, that's how it was for the previous events
  • amazonprimechic wrote:
    Well I had put off updating until the forced update. Now the game isn't playable. I'm on the kindle and the lag is so bad that I'm forced to take a break from playing. Wish family guy was on the kindle it would a good time to try that out.

Btw: I was able to spin one last gold box before the forced update. Drum roll please.......pastel fences :cry:

root your kindle fire and install google play, i have kfhd and use google play all the time.
  • Nitemare-rexx wrote:
    amazonprimechic wrote:
    Well I had put off updating until the forced update. Now the game isn't playable. I'm on the kindle and the lag is so bad that I'm forced to take a break from playing. Wish family guy was on the kindle it would a good time to try that out.

Btw: I was able to spin one last gold box before the forced update. Drum roll please.......pastel fences :cry:

root your kindle fire and install google play, i have kfhd and use google play all the time.

Cool, that will allow me to run FG?
  • BlakeC02309 wrote:
    Yeah this is a JOKE!! I was excited to finally be done with the "Easter" Update but now I'm just pissed!! I play on Kindle Fire HD whatever the heck it is, and my town is SOOOO Lagged its unplayable!! Does EA know about this junk, or is there a way to notify them? Otherwise I guess I've wasted a lot of time for a game that I'm no longer going to play!

I have the same device and the same problem. So irritating. :x