Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Congratz Josh

I wondered this too.... seems outright unfair by the looks of the existing *locked* thread. He didn't say anything offensive.
  • zicoboo wrote:
    lyle_catcliffe wrote:
    zicoboo wrote:
    lyle_catcliffe wrote:
    zicoboo wrote:
    LPNintendoITA wrote:
    I see nobody still got what Troll means. After all this time josh trolled all of you. I have been active only from august and have seen so much trolling by him i get it. Lmao (not referring to spAnser, the OP of course, only to people that dont get his trolling)

edit. Fetish! We need a trophies for fetishes!

I know what troll means, I've been on other forums before so I know he is a troll. I wasn't even offended by what he said because I know he does things to get a reaction. What annoys me is all the people replying saying it's totally okay what he said, not a big deal, not offensive, etc. when you actually don't understand. If you're not Asian, you're not going to know what it's like. Simple as that. You have no place in telling people of other races what is offensive to them or not. Now I don't know what your race is, but I can assume you are not Asian yourself or else you wouldn't brush it off that way.

I've seen countless posts alluding to British people's love of tea... love of the royals... messed up teeth. Do I get offended? NO! Do I have the grounds to be? Yes. Just because one person blows the whistle on something, doesn't mean the whole thing has to get shut down- because it wasn't offensive.

Can't wait til Sunday's episode airs to point out all the ways The Simpsons writers will inevitably poke fun at Asians and seeing the campaign here to get the game banned.

British is a nationality, not a race :roll:

You guys are obviously not going get it, so there's no point explaining.When you're a minority and you are constantly fighting to to be taken seriously as a person and not by stereotypes fulled by ignorance and hate.

Did I say it was otherwise? I'm talking about having the grounds to be offended. And yeah, being Asian is a minority... :roll:

A stereotype of a nation full of people is different than a stereotype picking on one particular ethnicity. Yes, being Asian is a minority in western countries where everything is in favour of white people.

Thanks for letting me know how great I have it cuz I'm white.

I find this generalization to be racist and offensive. Way to stereotype a race of people.

Can a mod take care of this please.

• HCoinslot wrote:
    zicoboo wrote:
    British is a nationality, not a race :roll:

You guys are obviously not going get it, so there's no point explaining.When you're a minority and you are constantly fighting to to be taken seriously as a person and not by stereotypes fulled by ignorance and hate.

Culturally insensitive is culturally insensitive, whether it be about race, creed, or nationality. I think the point that most are trying to make is that no one made any stereotypical remark about asian women at all. You have to read pretty deep into it to even find implications of such.

You want people to take your concerns seriously, but you roll your eyes at someone else being hurt by broad generalizations made about him based on his own background.

Bingo! Very well stated.