Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Decorations & organizing detrimental to buying buildings

Cool story bro.
  • True, but when I pick up land to even out my OCD square of a town at $45k, $48k, and $50k, plus $40k worth of nickel & dime hedges, etc, it kind of resets the clock money wise. Especially with wanting to buy channel 6 when it finishes as well as the post office waiting for me. (Not even counting whatever comes available on Dec 5th) :/
  • I'm at level 23 waiting for the apartment building. I have a minimalist approach to decoration - even to keep my tree hugging, obedience and vanity at 5 stars but not much more. Once acquired all the buildings will begin to start the real decorations of my town.
  • I'm hoping to not run out of buildings/quests. I have only been doing this since september and they have been very good to me adding stuff as i go.

As for channel 6 I think I've been at those quests for most of a week and by my count have at least 3 days more of quests to reach it. I have enough money for it again. But its 3 days more until the miniquests finish and I might get itchy again and want to mix stuff up more.

I think for me, changing the layout, town zoning etc is the most interesting. I do however agree that I have to hold out for channel 6.
  • hgfxf wrote:
    True, but when I pick up land to even out my OCD square of a town at $45k, $48k, and $50k, plus $40k worth of nickel & dime hedges, etc, it kind of resets the clock money wise. Especially with wanting to buy channel 6 when it finishes as well as the post office waiting for me. (Not even counting whatever comes available on Dec 5th) :/

I think this is me, hg. I read posts from users who manage to accumulate vast quantities of virtual cash, but I never seem to be able to do that. I'm always spending it on land or decorations. The most I ever had on hand was ~250K.

• I had to "limit" myself to purchasing. 1 day a week I purchase a building and 1 or 2 plots of land. This week it will be Nelson's house. But in honor of Thanksgiving I will also purchase another Kwik-e-mart for Nelson's neighborhood. Since I do a lot of the hour tasks I decorate accordingly. Keep eyeing the Post office building as it sits there with no quests to perform but holding off. Have to get the Apt and Channel 6 building first!!
  • KrustyBrand wrote:
    hgfxf wrote:
    True, but when I pick up land to even out my OCD square of a town at $45k, $48k, and $50k, plus $40k worth of nickel & dime hedges, etc, it kind of resets the clock money wise. Especially with wanting to buy channel 6 when it finishes as well as the post office waiting for me. (Not even counting whatever comes available on Dec 5th) :/

I think this is me, hg. I read posts from users who manage to accumulate vast quantities of virtual cash, but I never seem to be able to do that. I'm always spending it on land or decorations. The most I ever had on hand was ~250K.

Me too. I'm only level 19 and i honestly can't afford to decorate since I'm right at that point of buying an important building everyday.. But I do it anyway. I guess most people kind of hold off on decorating until they have most of the buildings, but I couldn't handle seeing my town in disarray along the way. So with each building, I create a rightful spot for it and then decorate it. I've still never been above $60,000! Sometimes it's sooo tempting to create a huge house farm because then I wouldn't have to scrape by, but they're just such an eye sore. At least it only takes about a day now to get my bank back up, and I'm just happy to have a Springfield I can be proud of. I love my new gazebo park, even though all the hedges and large flower patches seriously put me in the hole.
  • The limit thing is hard though!

Right now I have just acquired enough to buy the post office (most I've ever saved up for). But channel 6 is available by mini quest in 3 days (or so), krabapel apartment needs flowers, and dec 5 will have who knows what available.

Decision decisions, delicious decisions...
  • Land baron! :D

You know, I've seen level 23's with almost no buildings and very little land. How did they do it?