Forum Discussion

Jedihntr
New Spectator
11 years ago

EA Support is Absolutely Useless

This may be the issue. Also, I believe you get better results when you a add pics to your posts.

• Worst thing is they don't even read what's written in the darn email... I wrote about my squidport problem and after easter crashing problem. They answered that the crashing is common problem and that it will be fixed soon and completely ignored squidport. Later I wrote to them again about squidport only and I got their response almost a week later saying that crashing is a problem right now and we are doing everything to fix it... What? Nobody even said a word about crashing ... -_-
  • why don't u use the live chat? maybe i got lucky but i got a very helpfull person with the midnight perchment problem thing and he helped
  • Had to deal with them a LOT in the last month or so and I can honestly say that some of them are really nice and professional and some of them... not so much.

Last one Caroline M. was really nice and helpful and actually fixed my problem (fingers crossed, only time will tell :wink: ) Unfortunately sometimes with other representatives (won't name them...) I also felt like they didn't take the time to completely read my e-mails or to revise the previous actions taken. As far as them always asking the same little questions and making you do the same little troubleshooting steps at the beginning... well EVERY support service do it, not just EA. You have to be patient and go through that troubleshooting 101 list with them before they do anything personalized for you, no choice.

Last thing, even when I complain I keep it polite, it's the only way. You can tell them you are not satisfied but I think you have to stay polite.
  • LPNintendoITA wrote:
    why don't u use the live chat? maybe i got lucky but i got a very helpfull person with the midnight perchment problem thing and he helped

I always use chat first but if they cannot fix your problem during chat and have to transfer your case to a senior representative then all communications are going to be done by e-mails.
  • LPNintendoITA wrote:
    why don't u use the live chat? maybe i got lucky but i got a very helpfull person with the midnight perchment problem thing and he helped

Going to try it right now
  • They've always been really helpful with me, but I've never had the huge game-breaking problems a lot of you guys have had. My problems have all been solved at the first tier (live chat). They always give me donuts for the inconvenience too, which helps to ease the pain. :wink: Once, I bought donuts and they didn't show up in my game (like $10 worth) and they just asked for a screeshot of the receipt and they gave me my donuts plus an additional 32 for the inconvenience. If they don't give you a few for all the trouble you've been through, you might want to hint at it very subtly. I'm sorry that some of you are having a really tough time with customer support. I hope I never have a problem that can't be solved through the chat feature because it sounds like a real cluster-you-know-what.
  • I used to send emails with my issues, and they used to be addressed in a timely manner (within a few days). Every once in a while I would get a helpful person on the other end who genuinely tried to help. Most of the time, though, it was just a form letter as if the person didn't even read my initial email (seems I'm not the only one).

During Easter, there were so many damn issues with the game, as well all know, so I decided to try a live chat a try. The first person was friendly, even though he couldn't help. He did the whole "escalating" schtick, so I waited. And waited. And waited. After not receiving an email, I live chatted again, this time with a drone. Now, the first person said he was suggesting I receive donuts for my trouble in addition to passing along my case, so I HAD to proceed. The drone gave me a script, then the ol' escalation dance. Finally, a week later, I got someone via email. He couldn't help but gave me 20 donuts, so I'll give them credit for that. Regardless, it took almost two weeks to even get a response. I've never experienced that from any other company before, this seems to be their MO way too often.

(For the record, I am always polite with the service agents and never give them an attitude. You'll always catch more flies--and in some cases, donuts--with honey. I come here to * and complain, haha)
  • So I had a chat with a very nice person, got 5 free donuts and things to try out and see if my problem is solved. So far so good. Ready to take back my words