Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Mutant Seeds?

Only visit neighbors with a spade/shovel count going, tap their mutant walking corn usually found on roads. Don't drop seeds in towns without a spade count. You get more seeds from tapping mutant corn in your own town, not very many though.
  • casby wrote:
    they didn't have any duplicates (maybe two cop cars but that's legit). it was a combo of seeming like they were a building completist and the massive spades jump (& my lingering feeling of "getting seeds from you makes me feel guilty. (even if legit)"

idk if the jump was legit but I have 2 or 3 neighbors who spend donuts to rush the events but usually they don't drop event currency on me (aka they buy the items for the event and then don't play the event as dedicatedly) (& then I look at the iyems in their towns)

OMG I dropped some.....so you're already unfriending me now? :mrgreen:
    Honestly don't worry....I'm a big donut spender and I just buy less shoes.......LOL
  • Mutant Seeds are far and far between. Besides the 5 they game me when they became available, I have only found 6 total by tapping stalks in my town. I feel terrible because I have some great neighbors who have dropped some in my town and I can not reciprocate the favor.

I am considering dropping 10 donuts to get 25 seeds as a thank you to those who leave multiple in my town because I am just not getting enough......
  • Yes, don't!
    And don't forget, they're beneficial to the sender as well!! :thumbup: Just click on them and we're happy with the benefits! :P
  • empathy77 wrote:
    Mutant Seeds are far and far between. Besides the 5 they game me when they became available, I have only found 6 total by tapping stalks in my town. I feel terrible because I have some great neighbors who have dropped some in my town and I can not reciprocate the favor.

I am considering dropping 10 donuts to get 25 seeds as a thank you to those who leave multiple in my town because I am just not getting enough......

I was going to start a thread about the frequency of seedlings, they really are a rare beast! Maybe ea will adjust it as right now they aren't much use to anybody :roll:
  • I try to reciprocate, but why does it matter if you can't? They are placing their seeds in your SF mainly because they want someone to squish them quickly. A secondary reason is that you might send some of your seeds to their SF.
  • I shall do what I've done in other events with rare giveaways. Drop one in each town keeping note of where I've got to in my list. I don't spend donuts as I'm freemium so feel this is the fairest way.
  • I had donuts so I actually purchased seeds so that I could drop at least one in each neighbors town as it becomes eligible and I personally don't expect reciprocation.
    I don't think you can drop a seed if the neighbor doesn't have mutant corn for you to tap, At least I don't see an icon.
    Strategically, It seems like you would want to place the seeds in a neighbors town where the owner will find the mutant seed quickly. I don't know if it was correct but I read in another thread that the seeds were "time sensitive" and would disappear in a while if not found, the sooner found the higher reward for both parties. If that's the case it may be a reason why a neighbor would drop a bunch at one time in an active town. I wouldn't feel guilty about not being able to return the favor if you can't. :)
  • Just thought I'd drop a note here on this seed issue:

The fifth prize in Act 1 is... A box of 50 seeds.

I plan to start dropping them 1 per town tomorrow (if I have it by tomorrow), rather than 10 at a time.