Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Question for Mathletes and Bonus Experts

Someone help me out here.

Long story short, I made a spread sheet to help me, at a glance, figure out how many levels I have "banked" in in-game cash if I unload all of it on Rat Trap Trucks. It uses my current bonus and the hidden SH bonus and the Xp collider to tell how many trucks I can buy and the Xp that will accumulate, etc.

Problem is my math is off just slightly and I can't figure out what I'm missing. Side note: it doesn't really matter I've got the ball park figure that is 99% accurate, but it's going to bug me you know...

Basically,

Base Xp from RTT (15000) * (Current Bonus (362.70%) + Hidden SH bonus (153%) * Xp Collider (5) should equal 461,775 total Xp from one RTT. However, when purchased, I'm coming up short. Once, it was 670 below the expected return and twice it was 1,045. Why it wouldn't be the same each time is odd. Unless I can't do simple addition or subtraction, which is possible.

I've double checked that I have all the SH buildings out, the private islands are all at least level 2.

The last possibility I can think of is I do have a Grumple balloon. I read that its not 2.00% but less. But when I stored it, my bonus dropped the 2.00%. Is it an error in what is actually programmed as the % for the Grumple balloon?

Anybody know what I'm missing?
    frosted1414
    Seasoned Newcomer
    You are on the right track. Grumple balloon 2% for $ and only .6% for XP
    Edit:: you have me guessing myself now... 15000+(362.7%+153%)×5 = 401775 or am I just drunk
    An 15000+(361.3%+153%)×5 = 400725 because of the balloon.
  • I went through that period before wondering how to work out exactly. But later just ignore it and just have a rough feel. Like for example one rat truck gives me how much XP with collider running.
  • I quit trying to calculate it. Even if the XP ends up wrong, there really isn't anything that can be done about it. I just enjoy the donuts.
  • I assume that 362.70% is the bonus shown in game.
    (4.627 + 1.53) x 15000 X 5 = 461775 XP.
    There are definitely some anomalies with bonuses, occasionally some players have an odd discrepancy of 0.01% in their bonus total.
  • I have both the % anomaly and also RTT is not calculating correctly when I place just one.

If wanting to calculate the xp % bonus, use a KEM and work backwards. Find the % number EA is not giving you and that is the % anomaly.

For RTT, when I place one, I only get one bonus box. When i place about 9-10, I get over 25 bonus boxes.
    So for me, each RTT should give at least 2 bonus boxes, but when i just place one, EA shorts the XP for some reason.

Ive read this is normal for RTT, but really should not be.

Also the grumple balloon; I saw LPNs chart this year. Sad that another year has past and EA cannot fix that.
  • I haven't really read all of the posts...or even OPs entire original post...however, there is one simple mistake I spotted.

You need to add 1, for the original 100% of the money that you get at 0% bonus. One thing that tripped me up when I was modeling this is that this original 100% IS factored into the XP Collider bonus.

This equation: (15000) * (Current Bonus (362.70%) + Hidden SH bonus (153%) * Xp Collider (5)

Should be: (15000) * (100%+Current Bonus (362.70%) + Hidden SH bonus (153%) * Xp Collider (5)

Hope that helps!

• Thanks for the help everyone!

"jasonxenakisgt;c-1828298" wrote:
    You need to add 1, for the original 100% of the money that you get at 0% bonus. One thing that tripped me up when I was modeling this is that this original 100% IS factored into the XP Collider bonus.

Yea, I factored that in. I'm only off by less than 1%. I can't tell if its me or maybe its anomalies in the game's calculations as has been mentioned. If it turns out that its short 1k Xp every time than I'm only "losing" 1 donut every 500 levels, so no biggie. Also, out of my control.

But thanks for the responses!
  • "shadoof07;c-1828353" wrote:
    Thanks for the help everyone!

"jasonxenakisgt;c-1828298" wrote:

Yea, I factored that in. I'm only off by less than 1%. I can't tell if its me or maybe its anomalies in the game's calculations as has been mentioned. If it turns out that its short 1k Xp every time than I'm only "losing" 1 donut every 500 levels, so no biggie. Also, out of my control.

But thanks for the responses!

Ah, gotcha. My guess is that there is some rounding error somewhere on EAs side that you can't really account for...overall it sounds like you have it pretty well worked out!