Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Rail Yard: Requisitions?

I finished for the week this morning. Total straight tracks: four. I need about 30 or so. And that's just to connect my final station, never mind a track that encircles my SF. :wink:
  • Osg00d wrote:
    lynnmckenz82 wrote:
    Someone should explain to EA that tracks are not made of glass and plastic. We should only require metal and trash to make rails. It'd be a lot faster.

Mmm my railyard, only ask metal and trash... So far not been able to get the extra 5 donuts. On workday i can only play 2 to 3 times a day... On my day off, not always at home. So im always short on metal. For me metals is not a good or fast way. I cannot log in every hour to restock on metal.
    Last tuesday i filled my glassdepot to 110 of 70... Today i still have 70 of 70 of my glass :x
    And still need to get the last 5 and the 5 + donuts in less than 24 hours :(

The trick is to max your storage on all 3, then cash in for blueprints. The required material is based on what you have or don't have. I can complete 70,000 in 3 and a half days.
  • anaquarind wrote:
    If I were EA:

Premium Character: Lyle Lanley
    24 hour task - Make Lyle convert track piece

you get XP from the task, but he takes $1000 from your cash instead of you getting $$ (it is Lyle Lanley afterall)

• C0rgano wrote:
    anaquarind wrote:
    If I were EA:

Premium Character: Lyle Lanley
    24 hour task - Make Lyle convert track piece

you get XP from the task, but he takes $1000 from your cash instead of you getting $$ (it is Lyle Lanley afterall)

Ha ha... true enough! Or maybe he takes the money but the XP is defective, catches fire, and destroys your Springfield?
  • cripnite wrote:
    Osg00d wrote:
    lynnmckenz82 wrote:
    Someone should explain to EA that tracks are not made of glass and plastic. We should only require metal and trash to make rails. It'd be a lot faster.

Mmm my railyard, only ask metal and trash... So far not been able to get the extra 5 donuts. On workday i can only play 2 to 3 times a day... On my day off, not always at home. So im always short on metal. For me metals is not a good or fast way. I cannot log in every hour to restock on metal.
    Last tuesday i filled my glassdepot to 110 of 70... Today i still have 70 of 70 of my glass :x
    And still need to get the last 5 and the 5 + donuts in less than 24 hours :(

The trick is to max your storage on all 3, then cash in for blueprints. The required material is based on what you have or don't have. I can complete 70,000 in 3 and a half days.

I know, but most days i can only log in to the game twice for about max 15 min... I cannot craft 200+ metal in that time...
    My kids and hubby need their food and clean clothes, and i work 5 to 6 days a week. I log in on the morning a bit before 7 and then leave for work and get home at 18. I try to check the game a few times in the evening but i have a life beside Tsto.

When i turn my material in i get like 140 metal + 400 trash, then 5 glass, 10 plastic, 100 trash, 60 metal and next 70 metal + xx trash. That's all the amount of metal i can craft at a workday... The game hates me

Edit: typos
  • It would be nice to choose which track pieces you get. I got tired of all the curved and angled tracks sitting in storage so I got creative connecting the Central Station to Tetanus Terminal as it meanders through the wilderness area of my Springfield.http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/gh0001356/54ffbe3d-4519-4eeb-ba59-8bb15a33f05e_zpsq9fksrud.png
    However this technique doesn't work so well through a densely populated area. By my calculations I need 50+ straight track pieces to finish my layout. I should be done sometime in 2017.