Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Ripped Off by EA!

You really should sync your game before quitting by visiting a friends town. So many people make threads like this and it all comes down to not syncing. It is poor design, I admit.
  • This is the first time that it (knowingly) happened to me. The Android version has an option to quit, but the iOS one does not; something that should be changed in a future update. You'd think that EA would learn, but clearly they don't care.
  • That's no good...maybe raise it with iTunes, to get a refund?

Linky2g wrote:
    You really should sync your game before quitting by visiting a friends town. So many people make threads like this and it all comes down to not syncing. It is poor design, I admit.

What he said :wink:
  • That doesn't sound right. EA should be able to see that you have purchased something with donuts, let alone see you bought donuts and randomly have them disappear. But like the others have said definitely sync your game, especially after making purchases.
  • Wow I must admit there is no justification for this, and the fact you have to sync is unacceptable..

The fact their so fickle with purchases shows their integrity as a corporation to me..
  • Linky2g wrote:

I believe you are right, I always sync my game especially when I've brought premium items.
  • Hmm, have you tried contacting iTunes? I hear people have better luck getting refunds from them. You should have had a receipt e-mailed to you as well. (assuming this was on an apple device)
  • I hear you. I never got my day-old donuts that I bought during the sale (the Android glitch many people had), and after the initial response and "escalation" I haven't heard a peep. No donuts, no refund, no nothing.
  • Reading your story, you certainly have a right to gripe. I would not be too pleased if this happened to me.