Forum Discussion

11 years ago

SERIOUS opening issue for Android!!!

:!: BUMP :!:
  • Same issue on three devices -- Samsung Galaxy III, iPad, and Nexus 7.

Startup.
    Bart screen.
    Hit "retry".
    Loads town.
    Able to do a few things.
    "Unfortunately, Tapped out has stopped" popup. (Well, duh.)
    Back to device home screen.

I've tried logging out, turning off device, uninstalling, and an array of bad words, including some very, very bad ones, all to no avail.

I was kicked out three different times on the middle of quest dialogue.

I was kicked out in the middle of a donut purchase. I was kicked out three times while waiting for EA chat.

Oh, well.

• I've had nothing but problems, too. I'm surprised that I have any neighbors left, since the game has been glitching every time I try to visit. I actually managed to visit three people yesterday!

*insert half-hearted, "yippee," here*
  • NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Sorry dont use Android but I have noticed that on iOS when i initially log in/load the game it comes up "Cannot connect to server" to which i close the game and have to reload it which seems to sort the issue, for some reason it does it everytime at the moment

I'm having this issue on my Galaxy Note 10
  • Have you checked in settings if there's an update for your android. Was for my tablet which had many freeze, lag and reset issues and then as if by magic they all resolved themselves. :P
    However I do get the 'can not connect to server' a lot I'm not sure if this is due to busy periods on the servers, the game is getting very popular. :? Because this also happens on my Android Sony X-peria phone, which is rock solid for gaming. 8)
  • I have this too.

Far too many of us to be a local environment issue, it must be game code or server side. Either of which we must wait for them to fix.

They had it right for like two weeks, before the last reactivation of the FP prize thread. There must be a way!
  • * FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE iOS 7 RUNNING *
    Do you think this crashing happening on apple devices running iOS 7 is because of the latest iOS update.? Maybe the game has updated to it yet. idk.
  • hughejars wrote:
    Have you checked in settings if there's an update for your android. Was for my tablet which had many freeze, lag and reset issues and then as if by magic they all resolved themselves. :P
    However I do get the 'can not connect to server' a lot I'm not sure if this is due to busy periods on the servers, the game is getting very popular. :? Because this also happens on my Android Sony X-peria phone, which is rock solid for gaming. 8)

Yep. I'm stuck on Android 4.2.2 for ever... Until I get a new device! :shock:

Thanks guys for paying attention to the issue! :-D
  • I'm getting the same "cannot connect to server" issue as well when I first click to play the game. After I click retry it loads in as well however my game is crashing a lot too so the game has become close to unplayable.