Forum Discussion

5 years ago

What remains in town after nuke?

A few questions about nuking (I'm going to try it first in my son's town.)
I decided that I could use some un-nukable buildings and debris as "anchors" and place them strategically before nuking, so that at least the massive scrolling sea of green post-nuke that leaves me utterly disoriented will have a few spots of "life" remaining.
1. If I first 'grey out' (hide) streets will they remain post-nuke? (I assume they get erased anyway, but I figure there's no harm asking.)
2. Which items do NOT go into storage in a nuke? (by any chance is there a list somewhere? I did a cursory search for one and didn't see it.) (found a list by LPNintendo on his other site!)
3. Does debris get stored?
4. Do pier tiles get stored?

Thanks for any help!
    Castiel_Touk
    Seasoned Newcomer
    What remains is usually building or decoration that can't be stored.
    frosted1414
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "annettemarc;d-253806" wrote:
    What remains in town after nuke?

Sorrow and regret

• Hi @annettemarc :)

I thoroughly enjoyed nuking my town and redesigning from scratch. I hope you have as much fun as me!

Whilst I did it the year before we got mass storage and found the inventory to be an absolute nightmare to navigate I had plenty of time to find exactly what I needed. My advice to you is to save the parts you really like into the storage and then post NUKE pull them out and use those bits as your markers.

From what I remember it was only the Simpsons house and the various heights factorys that remains. But it was a few years ago now.

My other advice is to divide your town into easy navigation areas using roads after the NUKE depending on where you want themed areas to be or indeed north and south.

Good luck! :smiley:
  • "Castiel19x;c-2109836" wrote:
    What remains is usually building or decoration that can't be stored.

Thank you! So, not the roads?
  • I almost did it once not long after I got back into playing it back in 2017...even though I wasn't far into the progress anyways lol