EA Forums - Banner

CNC Zero Hour: Serious Error Win 10

Hi there,

So I bought the origin ultimate collection of CNC, and tried running it, but it does not work. The game appears to start, but then goes "you have encountered a serious error". I tried the game.dat and options.ini solutions on the web, restarted and rebooted 100 times, but it does not seem to be working.
Any suggestions?

PS:
Specs are good enough (by far) switched around the graphic cards too nvidia GTX 960m and standard integrated one

Replies

• Manually install DirectX 9.0c (no, it will not clash with DX10/11/12).

Download this package from Microsoft's website: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

This will extract the files you need to a folder of your choosing. From that folder, run DXSETUP.exe as administrator.
    Administrator of CNCNZ.com and the Command & Conquer Wiki
  • I have all the original games and most play very well on windows 10 but do have a few problems on 1 or 2 of the games
    CnC generals zero hr works just fine
  • Kolusion
    1 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Its the SafeDisc DRM on the disc. There was a vulnerability in it and Microsoft removed the driver for it from Windows 7 in 2015 and all Windows releases after.

The removal of the driver from the Windows operating system affected most games released in the millennials using SafeDisc DRM. As the games affects were very old and readily available in all forms of piracy, allot of reputable developers released patches to remove the DRM so people that bought their games can continue to play them, however, EA was not one of them.

I contacted EA asking if they could release a patch to remove the DRM so I can play the game, but they were not interested and began fantasizing telling I can buy the game again on Origin.

Lesson: Don't buy EA games, they turn into bricks and EA doesn't honour the people that put them where they are today.