EA Forums - Banner

I think its about time a new faction was added to the game

On the old command and conquer games i always liked the oriental faction, i think it was japan but the units were good for long distance, any chance we will be getting another faction to run alongside nod and gdi?
Stefadams CiC TA Veterans

Replies

• What about bringing back Red Alert with today's graphics and technology? I think the next generation would love this type game and the older farts like myself would buy it also to reminisce and prove we can game just like any young player.
    Stefadams CiC TA Veterans
  • gamerdruid
    2726 posts Moderator
    Two good suggestions - I'm not sure that the people that make these decisions will read them though. The current game developers don't make decisions of this type.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Ben, oui, ils sont où les Scrins ???? celà, pourrait etre la troisieme faction
  • A cybernetic faction would be interesting and give many scope. Perhaps failures by NOD and GDI in research of artificial intelligence escaped and form a swarm intelligence which can control units,buildings and dead/deafened human (OK is an old story, but would fits good in this scenario)

some Units:

-a mechanized mole which digs under units until reaches a foundation (Base after Def or Wall,Flak,...) then digs out and attack buildings (Vehicle against buildings)
    upgrade: EMP wave arround the mole if digs out ( disabled all weapons in range)

-Swarm of nanites which fly to infanterie and attack them with heat by electricity (Air-Unit against infanterie)
    upgrade:Fog which makes aim difficult for enemies

-modified Harvester which makes mechanical and electrical damage (with welding equipment) to vehicles
    upgrade: more trample damage against buildings and infanterie

-a big bowling ball which makes damage with trample against buildings(units are too mobile, rolls over
    with less damage than buildings) vehicle against buildings
    upgrade: plating or transporter or other

-the bomber is a bigger Swarm of nanites with attacks with big flashs buildings which make high heat by hits
    upgrade: area damage by ball lightnings

-a mobile A.I. node which hacks vehicles and attack with the inherited vehicles other targets,stay so long same place. This damage the vehicle continuous till kill, the node search new targetthen. Infanterie and buildings are more resistant, will damage only slower (anti-vehicle air-unit and/or advanced vehicle)
    upgrade: electric shocks give the chance to hacks infanterie and Def-Buildings with same duration as Flashbang/Smoke Grenade/EMP temporarily
  • gamerdruid
    2726 posts Moderator
    Interesting ideas :)
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!