EA Forums - Banner

Spamming

What the hell is wrong with this spam-guy ? I asked him why he is annoying people who got nothing to do with certain issues , but he's somehow not capable of responding normally .

Replies

• Disturbed71
    26 posts Senior Moderator
    spam cleaned at this point
    I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative.

• gamerdruid
    3985 posts Moderator
    edited July 2017
    The spammer is using 10 000's of accounts, new ones for each 1 or 2 posts. (He must be attempting to see how many accounts the EA system can cope with!) How did you ask him? None of the accounts he uses for spamming are going to be responding.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • I believe he was spamming something about sexual harassment... saw the photos, with sexually related foul words. Either he's the victim or he's victimizing someone. I would suggest blocking the ip address and not the accounts, he's just make more spam with the same computer. Also his usernames are a bunch of jumbled letters and numbers, not normal for any player I know.
  • I just reacted on one of his spams , no personal contact or whatsoever
  • Have you tried blocking the mac address? If he has one computer, he'll slow down to a stop.
  • gamerdruid
    3985 posts Moderator
    Unknown, I do not know all the techniques that have been tried or are being employed.
  • methuselah
    428 posts Senior Moderator
    This guy is pretty sophisticated, blocking the mac is unlikely to do any good as you can spoof or change that as you can your ip but I'll check. Sorry about the issue but trust me we're ready for him to (self edit) as well.
  • Is there an algorithm that checks if the username contains a string of jumbled letters, particularly if he has 4 or more consecutive consonants. We could use this to block the spammer, white listing those who are caught as false positive.
  • methuselah
    428 posts Senior Moderator
    That is way above my paygrade Mirrored I don't honestly know.
  • Is nxzdprxvjt posting what's allowed to be posted in the forums? I believe this is meant to be off-topic.
  • gamerdruid
    3985 posts Moderator
    No - that is a 'new' spammer that is posting spam in many EA forums at the moment.
  • To answer some stuff here. He is really good at hiding stuff including Mac and other info otherwise he would be already gone. As for the name bit, that is an extremely hard request because you wont believe it but there are many legit members with that and the number is too big to make such a thing. The amount of false positives is sadly a too big risk and I can guarantee you that the moment he would see it working, he would up his game easily so it would not be as good as you think.

As for the new spammer, he is from the sports forums and is spamming illegal coin selling sites (banned by the EA TOS). If you see him, just report him with the flag button on his posts and then select the spam mark also under flag. He is being handled from multiple sides atm.
  • Whats with recent number of spamming in 'spamming'. It seems I angered him about his job.
  • I guess the spammer is a bored rich kid , with no abillity to communicate .
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!