EA Forums - Banner

Game is dead

Prev1
why no time table of new worlds. why ?

why no update on pvp, it damn costs more than you can dig to try and kill someone. what is wrong with EA and the idiots developing how it should progress.

Replies

• gamerdruid
    5025 posts Moderator
    New worlds tend to be introduced every 2-3 weeks, although longer in the summer, as the previous world fills up.

PvP has been scaled back so many times over the years in an attempt to combat various exploits. Everytime it is adjusted, a new exploit is found and used.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • i dont know if the game is dead , the forum is and the chat too , and i'm amazed how non-communicative the internet is all together .
  • The game is out for more than 7 years. You should be surprised that there is still a forum for you to post this question. Most games will be completely gone without a trace by now.
  • the game was better 3 years ago before they started botching it all to hell with unnecessary patches and garbage that nobody asked for or wanted. Try listening to the players again and people will continue to play and buy funds for this game.
  • Frummi
    123 posts Member
    lordofcb1 wrote: »
    the game was better 3 years ago before they started botching it all to **** with unnecessary patches and garbage that nobody asked for or wanted. Try listening to the players again and people will continue to play and buy funds for this game.

On a serious note. What do you propose?
    Not working here anymore. Contact Tjapka for help.
  • Frummi wrote: »
    the game was better 3 years ago before they started botching it all to **** with unnecessary patches and garbage that nobody asked for or wanted. Try listening to the players again and people will continue to play and buy funds for this game.

i can make a propose make a test server with developers and moderators of the game with top alliances i mean one server where developers play full no WCS one where everyone can play i see players doing this game for 7 years or more and they have a different way to play for other doing the game with 3 years the way to build your base the scripts you use is the most important thing in this game but is a war game -strategy where you have a lockdown policy and there is no matter who stronger you are only how much funds you use
  • Nevermore316
    13 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Frummi wrote: »

This game has out lived sequals of other games. If im completely honest, they should do a TA2.

-Link it to steam so it ends multi-accounts and also promote it so more players play.
    -update game mechanics
    •make the layouts change each time you move to match your location. So every time you move the layout changes and you move structures around for your new layout. make the layouts die over time forcing players to move to harvest a new layout. It'll stop players from making 50 accounts to find layouts who later become locker accounts or not getting a 5tib causing players to quit.
    •add offensive support. So smaller teams can combine to do some kind of effective attack to end bullying and so top teams can organize and do 1 shots to eliminate lockers and staying on for 7 damn hours to kill a few bases. Creating some kind of come back mechanic. Comeback mechanics is one of the keys in modern gaming theory that has stopped a large chunk of cheating in games now.
    -Update graphics. This game looks as old as it is.
    -Create a 3rd faction and create a rock, paper, sissors mechanic, so each faction has a boast over the other. that way you dont have run away accounts that reach god mode and give a reason for everybody to play something other then nod at high levels.
    -offer servers with rules for faster servers and some for slower longer build servers. Not every body likes to be on 24/7 and at the same time, not everybody wants to spend 5-7 months on a server either. Let them pick.
    - GOD DAMN IT! MAKE A MOBILE APP EVEN FOR BASIC FUNCTIONS! BECAUSE SOME OF US HAVE SOCIAL LIVES!

• methuselah
    465 posts Senior Moderator
    lol nevermore

Listening to players is both part of the problem and part of the answer potentially. Look I've been out to the studios in LA before they shuttered them and taken part in the design process as a player. Trust me when I say that is part of the problem. The playerbase rarely knows what it wants, they want more PvP, they want less PvP, they want flashy graphics, they want balanced gameplay, each of us comes at it from our own wishes and it puts the dev team in a spot that I don't know how they get out of to be totally honest.

The most fun I've had playing TA? Pre fortress, pre POI, massive PvP when you were not punished progression wise for playing a lot of PvP, man the wars that were waged then!

I'm still having fun, I still play every day......but at the risk of sounding like the old man that I am boy those were the days!
  • I dont know what happen... but now most of servers dont have to much players and in 60 days part of them stop to play and 1 or 2 alliances remains after more 30 days a lot of players stop and everyone go to the same alliance LOL
  • wrote: »

What server was that on?
  • Mr. Bot, please announce the server(s) in which this took place.
  • u wont around then daast, worlds like 32 an alpha force, the wars didnt stop, may b only day when u grow up, u will b on one
  • Waylord7
    15 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    not need servers with 30k slots. It is too much. Really play 3-4k first month. second month 2k or so. 90% of players do nothing in game. Just registration and stay lvl 1 bases. Some watching how play other, but i think it 200-300players only. Much players who connect to game after first week will not play on this server. Becouse they can`t grow up enouth to be top 100. Give to us more servers. Don`t open new only if all slots in previus gone. Try it. Maybe it will work more goodness
  • Each server costs, it costs time which staff need to be paid for. So opening new servers without the older ones being well populated doesn't make economic sense.

I do agree however on your analysis of the lack of the need for large servers (30k) and feel that 5k or even 3k servers would suffice except for some of the special ones.
  • methuselah wrote: »
    lol nevermore

Listening to players is both part of the problem and part of the answer potentially. Look I've been out to the studios in LA before they shuttered them and taken part in the design process as a player. Trust me when I say that is part of the problem. The playerbase rarely knows what it wants...

I agree, and that must also be part of the reason this game as descended into farmville, I have kept one of the old worlds semi active just to keep it around (world 65) and when there, you receive the same amount of rp and resources from a lvl 56 camp than you do from a lvl 65 camp in new economy. There was more pvp and more fun back then because you got more loot from both pve farming and pvp so you didnt have to spend your days fretting over what sort of layout you might find or how much farming you can do with the cp/rt given.
    I remember the development team listened to us on slackchat and in forums and that document was developed with a list of intended changes to the game, these changes would have improved the game but the developers quickly got bogged down, and frustrated, giving up after they saw how difficult it was to make any changes without effecting the vast array of custom made scripts that everyone uses in day to day play. They started to make an ingame script set to replace them but didn't get very far, It's a lot of work to make change in a situation like that.

• They are destroying the game with greed. Player's do every thing to speed up the game and EA does every thing to slow it down. This is why player's leave. If you don't have a year to commit to this game then no point in starting. You need more shorter games not less longer games. I'm not talking about Veteran Servers either. That might as well be 2 alliances (If they are close) the rest are wasting time and money there. Does any one at EA actually play games?
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    Each server costs, it costs time which staff need to be paid for. So opening new servers without the older ones being well populated doesn't make economic sense.

I do agree however on your analysis of the lack of the need for large servers (30k) and feel that 5k or even 3k servers would suffice except for some of the special ones.

Not making a game people wan't to play is bad economics. Seriously pencil pushers can destroy a game faster then anything. The question is what does it cost you to find a player with funds compared to what it cost to keep them. Right now you are your own worst enemy thinking it is better to invest in finding new player's over keeping the ones who are spending funds now
  • gamerdruid
    5025 posts Moderator
    I agree pencil pushers (in this case aka accountants) can destroy a game, can destroy this game.

I don't know what the ratio is of new players to existing players when new world comes along it is probably difficult to get an accurate idea because of the ease with which new accounts can be created. An existing player does not have to join a new world with an existing account - and many do move from world to world with different accounts.

Innovation is what will keep the old players going, not tweaking things to change the gameplay. New weapons or upgrades to weapons would be welcomed (provided they worked 1st time out of the box) as well as many of the suggestions made over the last 7 years. As Methuselah said, players can't agree what they want - some one thing and others a diametrically opposed opposite which would be mutually exclusive to each other.

But, innovation is what will keep this game going - new style worlds, new features, new weapons, .... Maybe the suggestion above of a TA2 is what is needed rather changes to this game!
  • methuselah wrote: »
    lol nevermore

Listening to players is both part of the problem and part of the answer potentially. Look I've been out to the studios in LA before they shuttered them and taken part in the design process as a player. Trust me when I say that is part of the problem. The playerbase rarely knows what it wants, they want more PvP, they want less PvP, they want flashy graphics, they want balanced gameplay, each of us comes at it from our own wishes and it puts the dev team in a spot that I don't know how they get out of to be totally honest.

The most fun I've had playing TA? Pre fortress, pre POI, massive PvP when you were not punished progression wise for playing a lot of PvP, man the wars that were waged then!

I'm still having fun, I still play every day......but at the risk of sounding like the old man that I am boy those were the days!

Not all player's know what they want in a game but almost every player can tell you why they left a game. A month between servers in a game that has so many variations in servers is insane. I dropped my last server despite being second in line to finish because i didn't like forgotten attacks with morale rules. Dragged the game right out and made it more like work than a game. Now I am expected to wait a month or more to see what the next version might be. Does no one at EA see how insane this is in building a community. It's like they know they screwed it up and now they are just trying to suck out what they can from the last of the loyal player's
  • woblewalker
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    to sum it up EA made a game not worth playing if you don't join within the first few days of a new world starting. They have never been able to adapt to this fact. EA always have been bad for patching problems instead of fixing them. They need to make it worth joining a server late or they need to open up more short term server's. Many games reset servers on a daily or weekly basis. Seems like you can't build a product that is worth simply resetting and it has to be reinvented every time you start new servers. What do you spend on updating obsolete servers. You could make it easier every time you kill the fortress so people have a reason to stay. Trying to suck out every penny from a server is whats killing you. Get better at resetting servers and don't be afraid to just reset old versions. At least people played them.