EA Forums - Banner

Settings for New World

Prev134
Frummi
123 posts Member
edited July 2017
Hello Commanders,

We thought it might be a good idea to have a poll for the next server settings. There are basically 4 different server settings you can vote for. If you are having trouble to understand what these settings mean read the following descriptions. Feel free to throw some feedback at us.

Forgotten Attacks:
The enemy Forgotten Camps, Outposts and Bases (NPCs) are able to attack your Bases. These attacks follow specific rules like distance to your base and levels. To have a good defense becomes much more important here.

Moral:
High level bases have an advantage over low level bases. For example your own offense army gets weakened if you attack an enemy base that is 10 levels above your offense level. This makes it more difficult for the top level players to rush ahead and easier for other players to keep up.
Not working here anymore. Contact Tjapka for help.

Settings for New World 92 votes

Forgotten Attacks ON & Moral ON
16% 15 votes
Forgotten Attacks ON & Moral OFF
45% 42 votes
Forgotten Attacks OFF & Moral ON
3% 3 votes
Classic World (Forgotten Attacks OFF & Moral OFF)
34% 32 votes

Replies

• Forgotten attacks on because it adds a dimension, moral on so skill matters more compared to your purse
  • Think it's time for another FA - On / Moral - Off Server :]
  • gamerdruid
    2456 posts Moderator
    Hmm- not a lot of voting so far. Any less than 50 respondents and the data is useless.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Bullswagger
    2 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    Hmm- not a lot of voting so far. Any less than 50 respondents and the data is useless.

In that case, might aswell go with my suggestion. I was first;)
    Post edited by Bullswagger on
  • A Server for beginner which not arrived the Center before.
  • gamerdruid
    2456 posts Moderator
    The problem with that suggestion - a server for beginners - is that experienced players can simply make a new account and claim to be 'new beginner' as there are no checks available to prevent it. You would end up with the same experienced players with new names.
  • It is not possible to make a beginner server for this player boring? With settings like second base
    at the earliest possible after six days and other bases similar. No badges possible or only specials , player with to much points kick out of Rankings (single and alliance). Ask some experienced players what to do more to stop the others.
  • As there seems to be very little interest in this thread, could you possibly spread the word by placing something on the home screen 'news' section where you login to C&C: TA?
  • Classic Please
  • lordofcb1
    75 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Lack of voting might be do to lack of forum use since they switched to this weird format and normal posting seemed to die out. The developers have been riding this game into the ground for a while now in my opinion. For a while we seemed to have a responsive group of developers who were actually interested in improving the game, but then the reality of how difficult it was hit, along with some other reasons unknown to us and the game development started going all over the place in random tangents. Giving everone what they don't want. Well except a select group maybe who are more closely paid attention to due to their language.

Also, I don't buy the line that morale/malus helps lower players to keep up. Lower players can keep up by practicing, learning the game and getting better at it. Morale/malus effects all players equally when present since start of server. In my opinion it does nothing other than slow progress.

• gamerdruid
    2456 posts Moderator
    edited July 2017
    So much for a poll asking what we want.

https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/discussion/124729/forgotten-attacks-morale-world-starting-august-4#latest

An option that has the 2nd lowest votes at present is chosen. Why ask?
  • Could we have a way to set the mode of the world we enter like the original C&C games had? That's what drew me here in the first place was those games. So a beginners world were no toughies are allowed. When you build up too strong you move to an intermediate world and then when you reach ha certain level you move to the toughest worlds. So the wallet is not the deciding factor for the success and also if a customer complains that someone is being a problem we need immediate response not in a day or two.. ,Right NOW! If you correct these things You should see more players willing to try the game. Without it...good luck.
  • gamerdruid
    2456 posts Moderator
    How would you ensure 'no toughies' get onto the beginners world?

Until a system can be devised that is workable, we're stuck with the systems that exist now.

As for customer complaints, they're dealt with by EA support and are equally poor for all EA games, so I'm told. Unless it is a simple problem they cannot cope with it. It needs to be on their crib sheet.
  • gamerdruid wrote: »

https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/discussion/124729/forgotten-attacks-morale-world-starting-august-4#latest

Wierd! Classic with no Morale have 50% of the votes, should be no doubt what the community wants
  • I know this game is supposed to produce money in order to pay the people who created it or manage it, but is it possible to release a server with no fund option? :D I am sure it would be fun, not for EA but for us... Think about, a classic world with no possibility of using funds.
  • EIGringo wrote: »
    I know this game is supposed to produce money in order to pay the people who created it or manage it, but is it possible to release a server with no fund option? :D I am sure it would be fun, not for EA but for us... Think about, a classic world with no possibility of using funds.

We cant even get a world with no malus, I think the chance of a no fund world is somewhere between 0% and 0.00000000001%
  • Forgotten Attacks ON & Moral OFF
  • Forgotten Attacks ON & Moral OFF
  • Frummi
    123 posts Member
    edited August 2017

We will have another world starting next week and that will most likely have classic settings. We decided to have both these servers when we had 5 votes each for 3 different options. So at that time there wasn't any prefered option to pick from. I would also like to refer to your own statement.

Also we started this poll to gather user opinions. We will definitely take this thread into account for further server deployments.
    Not working here anymore. Contact Tjapka for help.
  • CLASSIC !