EA Forums - Banner

game logouts

Within minutes of logging into the game (Tiberium 21), i get some message indicating a "script error". I don't use ANY scripts so it must be one from within the game. It also asks if I want to stay on the page or logout. If I logout, then the game runs properly for 2, maybe 3 minutes at most; then the same error comes up. If I stay on the page, all sorts of errors occur, ultimately leading up to the game locking.
This has been getting progressively worse, to the point where I cannot even play; at least, properly.
Please help.

Replies

• gamerdruid
    3686 posts Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Which browser are you using? Edge is not supported, most use Firefox, Waterfox or Chrome but there are other browsers that work.

Try using a few different ones to see if the same happens with them.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Frummi
    123 posts Member
    Try to clear your brower's cache. Maybe it just a visual problem that will get fixed that way.
    Not working here anymore. Contact Tjapka for help.
  • I use Firefox, except when purchasing funds. I have to use IE for some reason to do that. I will clear the cache again to see if that helps.
  • gamerdruid
    3686 posts Moderator
    Your computer causing you to use Edge for purchases could be your security settings preventing you using other browsers for this purchase. (EA certificates are not always up-to-date so some security software will stop you using the site for purchases.)
  • Well, cleared the cache, and history, but to no avail. Problem remains exactly the same.
  • Frummi
    123 posts Member
    Do you get any error when you open the console with F12?
    Not working here anymore. Contact Tjapka for help.
  • will try that now
  • using F12 doesn't change anything.
    Problem is getting worse.
    Cant seem to copy it so here is accurate description. Imagine it in a white box
    Unexpected script error!
    Restart required.
    Report?

Help please.
    Lazoputz

on another topic, how the heck do i get rid of the double spacing?
  • gamerdruid
    3686 posts Moderator
    I don't know why you have double spacing, I don't for the same thread. It must be a browser or account setting. I can't seen anything in my account to enable double spacing so logically it must be from your browser. Try a different browser and/or clear cache, history and reset to default settings.

• Well, i don't care much about the double spacing, it's just annoying. The other problem is making the game virtually unplayable. BTW, have joined Tib28 and no problems there, so it must be at the server end, not my setup.
  • gamerdruid
    3686 posts Moderator
    and the double spacing is gone ;0
  • Now, if only there was a solution to my main problem, life would be good.
  • I must say this community has been a HUGE help resolving my problem.
    ^^^^^^Sheldon Cooper style sarcasm^^^^^^
  • gamerdruid
    3686 posts Moderator
    I can't explain why you only have a problem on one world. Regularly clearing the cache will help in many situations.

It has been seen that sometimes AV software can be over zealous with the game server, so changing temporarily to a different but free one may help to trace the issue.

Maybe a developer will look into the problem again on Monday.
  • Hello lazoputz, sorry that your problem is still remaining. A Script Error could be everything. Thus it will be difficult to find the right solution. For helping you properly please give us your in-game from Tiberium 21. It would be also very helpfull if you could check the console of your browser: Start your browser, click F12, start the game and wait until the error occurs, then do a screenshot and send it to us.

https://app.prntscr.com/en/download.html <-- Makes it easier for you giving us the screenshot :)
  • Thank you for your offer of assistance, much appreciated. However, as it happens, it's just like going to the dentist and the toothache goes away while you are sitting in the waiting room.
    I will do as you suggest soon as it occurs, I have been in the game for about two hours with no adverse results. Normally it happens within a moment or two, and continues to occur all day long within minutes of me re-loading..
    Could someone have taken a look, found the problem, and corrected it for me? If so, have a couple pints of your favourite brew and send me the bill, lol.
  • Thanks for your offer, but no drinking while working ;) I'm glad your problem was solved. It seems for us that the problem was caused from your browser, we checked everything on our side and couldn't find a defect. Should the problem occur again, please send us your console report.