EA Forums - Banner

Defense/Offense View

jokedestroy
4 posts Member
edited August 2017
Hi,

Can infantry be placed in the Defense view?

An example in the image link is showing the Defense view and the items available.

Thanks in advance.

Post edited by jokedestroy on

Replies

• gamerdruid
    3882 posts Moderator
    I don't understand what you're asking. Maybe a screenshot (Lightshot is a program many use) would help or a cnc:opt of camp with a commentary of what you mean.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • made an update to the original post to show the Defense tab selected.

I just don't see how to position the infantry on the Defense view as you would on the offense view.

I can place Wall, but not sure how the infantry would be placed.
  • jokedestroy
    4 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    See small snippet of screen showing Defense view:

defense_View.jpg

What is the relationship between my infantry that I place on the Offense view and the layout of items, such as Walls, in the Defense view?
    Post edited by jokedestroy on
  • jokedestroy
    4 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    No relationship?

Do infantry just place themselves on the Defense view?

Scenario:
    You attack a Camp, the soldiers are placed at various points, see screenshot:

defense.jpg

How do I replicate this?

Used to the old games where you had everything in a single view and controller your infantry to an attack site as needed.

Here you get an attack and there is no indication where the infantry is... I will be honest when I first got an attack from a camp, I nearly had a panic attack because I was not sure my site was well defended, through lack of seeing soldiers/infantry in the Defense view.

Maybe it's not possible, I would just appreciate someone to explain the way the infantry get positioned like they are in the above screenshot.

Thanks,
    jokedestroy
  • gamerdruid
    3882 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    The view you show for defence is the forgotten. You can place you own infantry and other units in the defence view (middle button on the left), you don't control how they respond and have to have a general defence as once you're under attack you cannot change it. A lot of players have an almost full defence screen of infantry or foot soldiers (rocketman etc) as you can have more of them as they are cheaper.

A lot will criticize this layout, but it shows a mainly foot solider defence. http://prntscr.com/g4yj5e
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    You can place you own infantry and other units in the defence view

Thanks gamerdruid.

I still can't find how to place my own infantry, here is my Defense view:
    defense_View2.png

It has 8 items from the Defense Facility items, 2 I can place (Wall, Scorpion).

Where can I select the infantry I have?

My Offense view is showing my infantry:
    offense_View.jpg

Sorry for dragging this out!

When the Forgotten are attacking they don't come up against any infantry so I get lots of damage to my buildings. I would like to place them like you show in the previous screenshot.

Is there something like a button I have missed?

Thank-you for your ongoing help :)
  • gamerdruid
    3882 posts Moderator
    Ah - you need to research them first - Offence and defence are not linked you need to research the units separately. The MG nest is good for defending against infantry, the wall good at slowing them down.