EA Forums - Banner

Formula, calculating base level (howto)

Hi,

The calculations of the base level is not a simple average calculation. I probably had to little coffee today, because I can't wrap my head around their method for calculating... If anyone have an idea, please reply to this thread. :#
Regards, ArveK

Replies

• gamerdruid
    4653 posts Moderator
    I think it is a mystery no-one but the developers know (if they do). I say 'if they do' as this is not the original team and they could check and find out, but may not know off-hand or be able to look it up in a book of wisdom.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • ArveK_GDI
    82 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Yes, it is a mystery indeed :) I am pretty sure they got the function with the algorithm well documented (unless themselves use a 3rd party library for this), so for them it should not be a huge deal to get the answer, still I don't think any of the developers will post it here.

I can get the base level via their API, so it is not a big deal per se, but for a script I am writing, it would be really helpful to know the exact math.
    Regards, ArveK
  • i'd love to know the answer as well. I collected lots of data on that and still couldn't figure it out.
    but it's probably not very useful anymore, as nobody does wave-farming, and that's the only thing that's affected
  • ArveK_GDI
    82 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    hehe, yes exactly, got a couple of excel sheets with data and different test algorithms :) A couple of times I kind of got some eureka-ish moments, but they were quickly rendered totally useless :D
    Regards, ArveK
  • gg9947
    1 posts New member
    Can any one give an estimate of what generates the base level. I am sitting beside a guy who when I total his base building levels comes out to 1408. He is a level 50 base.
    When I calculate my base buildings total it is 1666. My base is level 41.80.
    I am not sure what the difference is. Does it also consider the level of defense and offense?
    Any thoughts would be helpful.
    Thanks.