EA Forums - Banner

Account Locking in PVP

Not sure if this has been brought up before or not, but can something be done to stop the use of alts "locking" other accounts while in pvp wars? It is a **** poor tactic that there is no way to defend against other than to use it always to combat it.

I propose for the time being that it is a bannable offence as it is taking advantage of the mechanics of the game, and to introduce a fix would take months. It is very easily noticeable, and I know people would report it anytime they see it being used. A warning could be issues first if needed, but it is an unfair tactic of the game that is now being exploited at every level, on every server.

Blast

Replies

• gamerdruid
    2791 posts Moderator
    It is a well known issue that has been discussed before. The developers are working on preventing the action being worthwhile in a number of ways, some of which are being 'tested' on the PTE (there's a thread in the PTE forum for the testing discussion).

As for being a 'bannable offence', it already is as it comes under the exploit mechanism. The problem is proving it to the satisfaction of the lawyers who are frightened of the publicity of someone taking them to court.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • I hate to bring it up but Rhiordd in a few replies to Ulgulan's 10 point question on game policies had stated that account locking was an acceptable practice since it was a legal tactic to be used. i.e., it's ok to hit your own or alt bases as long as you aren't gaining resources/rp. The ban offenses were all related to account eating where loot, rp etc were gained in a significant proportion from the same alternate bases over and over.
  • gamerdruid
    2791 posts Moderator
    As Rhiordd no longer is working for the company some of his comments may now not be valid after internal discussion (I'm not a party to those discussions so can't say they happened or what the outcome was if they did).

It may not have resulted in bans (very little does at present) but they have spent a lot of energy trying reduce the effectiveness of the tactic. So, strictly you are correct, it not a 'bannable' offence, just a tactic they're working to prevent.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!